Chapter 33: To Kiss You

Where is Athena? I wanted to make sure she got back all right before I left to meet Knox at the river but it’s already been so long. Shifting to a standing position on the roof of my tower I take one last look at the castle entrance before jumping off the tower and using my wings to glide down to cloud level.

Since we were in such a hurry for more information Knox and I decided it would be best to go out and look again. He thought we were looking for black unicorns again but I had already done that when I snuck out of his room in the middle of the night. Since he had gotten so used to sleeping in the same bed as me my movements didn’t immediately wake him up. I was able to find one, it seemed weak but I couldn’t determine why so I thought we would get farther with what I have planned for today.

So today we are going to look for something much more rare, a creature no one but me as ever laid eyes on, even my sisters have never seen it because I have never mentioned it to them. I haven’t mentioned the creature to them because for some reason I have always viewed it as my little secret, it’s not because I feared I would never be able to find it again. Finding this creature is much easier than finding black unicorns but that doesn’t mean anyone could find it, the reason it’s so easy for me to find the creature is because the creature is also trying to find me.

    I had first discovered it many years ago when I found it injured in the river unable to move. I nursed it back to health and ever since it has granted me the gift of it's presence whenever I seeked it and today, Knox would experience that gift too, I just hope he doesn’t scream like a little girl again.

Spotting the river hidden at the base a mountain and shoot down, in seconds lending on my feet. I breathe in the fresh smell of flowers and morning dew, this place has always resembled a dream to me. Just the way the suns rays shine strongly through the trees and reflect off of the water in the slow moving river.

Knox sits under a willow tree growing next to the flowing water, he seems distracted as he plays with a piece of grass in his hand so he doesn’t notice me. Clearing my throat, very loudly I might add he jumps up from the ground startled but for some reason when his eyes find me he looks even more startled.

“What?” I ask when his stare never goes away and he doesn’t do that awkward cough thing he does when he's nervous.

“You- Your uh- I mean I um,” He stutters and I laugh walking closer to him and his eyes seem to widen.

“My Disney Knox just spit it out!” I yell in frustration.

He looks down at his feet and then back at me, a defeated look in his eyes “Innocence your bloody wings are out!”

My eyes go wide and I turn my head to view my wings “My wings are bleeding? I didn’t know they could bleed!” I say trying to find what he’s talking about.

“No!” He yells coming over to me and hesitantly placing his hands on my shoulders “It’s an expression, you wings are fine, they’re more than fine, they’re beautiful.”

His eyes stay locked on my wings and as much as I like being admired we have work to do. I retracted my wings, making them disappear behind me and Knox’s grey eyes widen again in amazement.