Chapter 37: Not your place

“Anything you feel like telling me before I meet your Queens?” I ask subtly as Knox and I enter the ballroom. Currently the Queens have their backs towards us as they listen to Wilfred go on and on about some cute bunny he saw in Wonderland.

Knox tenses behind me but covers it up with a smile “It’s not like your meeting my parents,” He jokes probably trying to distract himself as we approach the table everyone is sat at.

“Well how would I know one of them isn’t your mother? It isn’t like I actually know anything about you,” I sass and Knox looks defeated from my statement. I knew he didn’t want to be in here but Chloe practically through him in with her demands.

“Just remember how much I care about you.”

His statement worries me so I stop and go to turn towards him but that’s when Wilfred notices us and stands up to make introductions. If this didn’t involve learning more about Knox you can bet that I wouldn’t be here, I hate these things. That is after all why we need to do this today, we kind of ignored Wonderland for a while.  

“Queen Mackenzie, Queen Tess, allow me to introduce Queen Lilly?” Wilfred announces my name in a questioning tone because he is shocked to see me but quickly composed himself “And Doomsland’s General Knox.”

    Mack and Tess turn towards us and without their attention on him, Wilfred winks at Knox in a flirty manner. I really need to talk to him about that, this guy is like a rabbit for Disney’s sake!

    As soon as the Queens saw me Tess gave me a genuine smile and Mack, well she gave me a smile that seemed to say ‘I know more than you’. The red and white Queen’s everyone! Then their eyes shifted to behind me where Knox stood uncomfortable and their expressions seemed to change entirely. Tess was in pure shock but Mack looked as though she wanted to kill him.

    Well this is a great start! We should do this more often!

    Ignoring their reaction to Knox I smile and move aside to sit with the group, grabbing a tea on my way there. I need to relax and fast!

    “Knox?” Tess looked around at Wilfred and me as if waiting for an explanation.  I gave her a blank look as if to say ‘I have no idea what she’s inquiring’.

    Eventually we were all seated at the table, I was distracting myself by putting spoonful’s of sugar into my tea while the other Queens stared bluntly at Knox. Wilfred looked immensely confused but went along and told a story that no one was paying attention to.

    I’m not going to lie, the Queens of Wonderland were crazy weird and completely opposite from each other. Mack, the red Queen had wavy hair that was blonder than mine, with bright blue eyes to match. Her skin was tanned, her figure was thin and what's the perfect person without chiseled cheekbones that were sharper than Aurora’s mothers. Now, never be fooled! She may look perfect but her personality kills. She may smile at you but on the inside she's judging you with every fiber of her being.

    Then there's her sister Tess, entirely different. Everyone usually assumes that the white Queen would be blond hair blue eyed one but actually that isn’t true. Tess honestly looks like the dead haunting person in a horror movie. Her long black hair is as straight as a whip and her grey eyes make her look like she’s looking into your soul. Where Mack had a thin figure Tess was small and brittle. She also had a rounded face and skin so milky pale she could blend in with the clouds. She looked extremely frightening but her personality could make a flower grow. Tess was so kind it made me hate her, she respected everyone and everything without a second thought, is you had made a wrong she would see it as right.