Chapter 12: Worth growing up for

“I don’t know what I want to do first!” I squeal, “Maybe play with the lost boys and we can mess with Hook together? Oh my God that would be amazing!”

Currently I am in Neverland, my arm laced through Peters, ya I just called him by his first name! We landed about five minutes ago after flying around the perimeter of the island and believe me when I say I am ready for the best day of my entire life!

“Hook?” Peter looks at me with a curious gaze. Oh please tell me Hook is here and that wasn’t some made up thing! That would be disappointing.

“The mean pirate with a hook for a hand?” I remind.

Peter walks quietly for a few seconds, his eyebrows scrunched together in concentration “You mean Killian?”

A smile finds it's way to my face “Yes him!”

Peter looks at me and smiles back, a twinkle in his eye as if he’s the happiest person in the world…Or all worlds, however that works. I continue on walking but my eyes are locked on his, they are so green, so real, they’re pure but not enough to hide the mischievous gleam in them.

“He recently got married to Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter, they are very happy together. I believe that they reside in a different world now though, he comes back when he's needed.”

I frown at the comment, I always looked forward to messing around with the Jolly Roger but with Hook gone, how is that possible? Peter notices my frown and an emotion passes through his eyes that I can’t recognize, sadness, disappointment, and sympathy? I feel bad; I don’t want him to think that I’m not happy, this is a dream come true! Well I guess in the dream me and Peter also get married but he keeps bringing up this girl that he loves.

“You know Chloe, Hook may not be here but he did sell his ship to Mr. Smee and he is way more fun to mess with! Believe me I would know, I do it all time.”

And just like that the smile is back on my face, there’s the Peter Pan I have read so much about! He is actually quite similar to the Walt Disney one. At first I thought there was a chance they could be completely different and he wouldn’t be the same character I fell so helplessly in love with but he is. He’s childish, fun, he always has a smile on his face, well at least when he’s looking at me.

The only difference would be his age. Now he certainly isn’t an adult, his face is far too innocent unlike his personality but he certainly isn't twelve. Thinking about it now makes me realize that he looks a lot like he’s my age, seventeen. Strange.

“Why aren’t you younger?” I ask, thinking out loud.

Peter looks to me stunned and then back to the path we are walking along through the thick jungle “I was young for a very long time, and I believed I was going to stay that way forever, I mean, it was my choice,” He begins, his explanation attracting all of my attention “I thought growing up was stupid and not once in my millions of years would I ever change,” A smile spreads across his face as a memory plays around in his mind “I believed all that until I met her.”

“She was everything I wanted and more, like I was made for her, but she was older and people told me it would never work. I believed them but the more time I spent away from her, the more I realized something, she was worth growing up for,” Chills ran through me as I listened to the poetic words, oh how much I longed to be that girl, the reason Peter Pan grew up!

“You know the rule of aging is very specific, you can grow up but you can’t go in reverse so I knew that if I did it, there was no going back. I knew that growing up would be a forever thing but I still didn’t hesitate. On her seventieth birthday, I grew up to match her age, that evening I proposed.”  The smile remains on his face, like it’s the most stable and constant thing that will ever exist.

“She said yes, of course. She was as in love with me as I was with her. I remember her sisters being so happy, as if all their work had paid off but I would just like to point out, they did nothing it was all me,” he brags.

I smile at the romantic story, a true fairy tale, one that defies legends, but then a dark thought crosses my mind “Peter?” I ask to grab his attention “Where is she now?”

Right as the question passes my lips all emotions are whipped from his face, a complete void of emotion. I dread what he would have to say, and it makes me question if I really want to know the sad end to such a love story.

           Peter was about to start the explanation when a few different high-pitched voices sounded out from ahead “Chloe! Chloe! You're here, you're finally here! The lost girl has returned!” they shout as I get rammed but four little boys in a massive hug. I fall to the floor from the weight and my head just misses a pointed rock that lay on the jungle floor, oh God.

****Heyy if you liked this chapter please turn the star yellow... or white depending on the device your using! And be sure to comment your favorite or maybe least favorite parts? I welcome criticism!

Anyone else notices she says God instead of Disney? Freaking humans!

Picture ^ or > is of the map of Neverland, I know, I know there actually is a Canibal Cove but you know what we are just going to put that in the back of our minds and not let it ruin our chilhood... Unless you hadn't noticed and I just pointed it out to you. In that case I'm sorry...

Any way stay classy

TDD <3