Chapter 40: I was in love

I’m stupid! That’s the only time I will ever truly admit it but I’m stupid. Why did I make that stupid deal with Chloe? I knew she needed it but I sure as hell don’t want to do it. Yesterday I found out more about Knox then I wanted to. I’ve come to realization that he is way closer to the Queens of Wonderland than most of their people would be. Oh and lets not forget that he more than likely works with the Malum!

After about an hour of debating whether or not I should talk to him I find myself in front of his bedroom door. I should just get it over with. I mean what is the worst that could happen? I slap him the face? He kills me?

Well this should be fun… Pushing open the door I storm into him room without knocking… Okay note to self remember to knock.

When I am in the center of my room and my eyes focus on Knox I immediately regret in. Looking as though he had just stepped out of the shower he stands by his bed wearing nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants hanging extremely low on hip hips. And can I just say hot damn! When does this guy even have time to work out? I mean you probably have to a lot to get that.

Water droplets drip down his hard, tanned torso. His dark brown hair is damp and casts a shadow over his whirlwind of grey eyes. Disney I wish I wasn’t so mad at him right now!

“You done checking me out? You kind of aren’t looking so innocent Innocence,” Knox chuckles.

He walks over and picks up both of my hands in his. Knox then takes a step closer to me and wraps my hands around his neck as he leans his head closer to me. I close my eyes and enjoy his warmth as he leans his forehead against mine, breathing me in.  

But all good things come to an end as I realize I’m mad at him, that this might not even be real for him. I pull away, releasing my hands from his grip, not even allowing them to linger. He groans in annoyance from my sudden disappearance and opens his eyes, making a move to pull me back to him but I take an additional step back.

“And you're still mad at me…” Knox huffs throwing himself onto his bed.

“I wish that was it,” I admit. Knox pops his head up and props himself up by leaning on his elbows that are laid out behind him.

“I’m not following Innocence, you have to catch me up,” This time when he speaks his British accent flows out fluently. A few days I loved his accent, now when I hear it it’s just a painful reminder of why I’m here.

    “Let’s start with the glorious tea party we had yesterday,” I suggest.

    Knox clenches his jaw and his body goes tense, just as it always does when I bring up the idiots past. Smiling at him I go over and make myself comfortable in a chair set in the corner of the room. Knox seems angry that I don’t climb into the bed with him but that just makes me happier. I cross my right leg over my left and sit up straight, just pissing him off even more.  

“Let’s just say I’m a little bit more… known in Wonderland than most,” Knox sounds out, being careful with his words.

“Wow. Never would have guessed that! Thank you Knox.”

He gives me a pointed look as if to say I’m being dramatic “Okay so there may be more,” I nod my head telling him to continue “I grew up in the White Queen’s castle, my father was her hatter…”

I feel my eyes grow ten sizes as they pop out of my head. I knew Tess mentioned something like that but I never would have guessed that Knox was the son that ran away.

“You ran away?” I whispered, more to myself than to him.

    “Yes, because I believed that I was in love- With the Red Queen.”