Chapter 14: Powerless

Storming into the office I slam the door hard behind me. What is wrong with her!? Where does she get off thinking that she can take my army and order them around? Sure it's a good lead, in fact a great lead but that isn't all we need. If I hear one more thing about this I am done! She is not the one who spent all these years solely on finding the Malum! If all that progress goes down the drain I am left with nothing. I am a Queen, being powerless is not exactly my cup of tea.

Passing through the room, bordered by wooden bookshelves tall enough to require a gold plated latter to reach most shelves. I believe the office is one of the biggest rooms in the castle, mainly because of the vast amount of book space needed. Other than that there is just one large desk in the center on the room, one throne right behind it, with two stationed behind.

It’s a great workplace, but to be honest there is nothing of much importance in here. All my ancient spell books rest in my personal tower, and any important documents are kept in Lilly’s tower, just the way she likes. I don’t normally come in here, only when war in on the rise or I just need a quiet place to think. Chloe never comes in here, I think in all our years she has stepped foot in here five times. This is why we consider this Lilly’s office instead of the royal one. She does all her business in here because of the peace and quiet as well as the lack of people.

I guess that should be a good enough reason for me not to be in here. When she wakes up wherever the heck she is this seems like the ideal place she would go. Well maybe not, she is planning that welcome home party for Chloe. To be honest I feel like she should push it back another day, we all know her and Peter will be in Neverland for a while, as if he would bring her back to us so quickly. If he could he would keep her all to himself.

Being perfectly honest I always got the feeling Peter wasn’t the biggest fan of us. Ya, he puts up with us, smiles, talks, and even helps us but me and Lilly act a lot like full flown adults, we are mature, and responsible. Basically everything he isn’t which is exactly why him and Chloe are perfect together. I can’t say I wasn’t surprised when he decided to grow up for her. I mean, that was a major historic event across all worlds, no one saw it coming!

        “Sweetie you okay?” I looked up from where my eyes had focused on a random book.

        Wilfred stood in a doorway with worrying expression. I didn’t answer him, instead waiting as he walked over and wrapped his arms around me in a friendly warm hug. Was if that obvious the fight last night made me upset?

        I don’t like fighting; I like peace and happiness, something that wasn’t currently happening in this castle at the moment. Me and Lilly have had separate opinions before, I guess many times, our personalities just clashing and sometimes it has lead to us sleeping in Wilfred’s room for the night. It’s just, it feels different this time, instead of one of us doing wrong, we both kind of did, I said some things and she said some things. I shouldn’t have knocked her down so much but she shouldn’t have tried to take control of something she knows nothing about.

        Maybe we should just not be allowed to have sister talk anymore, at least when Chloe’s not here. I smiled a little remembering our talk before the argument. I recall bringing up that hot guy who saved me from that troll, and us talking about her and the General. I don’t know about anyone else but I could totally see that happening. They are perfect for each other, if their egos don’t clash that is.

         “What did you two get on about this time?” Wilfred asks, taking a step out of the hug but keeping his hands on my shoulders in a comforting gesture. Don’t you just love best friends? I mean when they aren’t your sisters?

        “The Malum, she wants to march troops to battle and I think we should wait, I don’t exactly want to wait so many years of searching! She has no right!”

        Wilfred tilts his head, thinking over my words “As much as I agree that you shouldn’t waste your years of searching I don’t agree with cutting Lilly off completely. You know that word compromise? Use it honey you're going to need it, because lets be honest you two bump heads all the time but with this, if you just work out something you can both agree on then Queen Lilly won’t feel so powerless, I mean what queen wants to feel powerless,” I turn my gaze, not wanting to look him in the eye. Oh Disney he’s right! I even thought that whole powerless queen thing only moments ago.

        So maybe I was in the wrong a bit. But she totally was too! And for that I am not going to apologize first, I can leave that task for her. It shouldn’t exactly take long because Wilfred won’t share a bed forever. And remember, our forever, is literally forever!

         “Whatever Wilfred just let the General know that I have gone out to the East End and won’t be back till dark.”

        A flash of worry crosses his features “Two days in a row? Is that wise?”

        I let out an aggravated sigh “Yes! Now go!”

****Heyy if you liked this chapter please turn the star yellow... or white depending on the device your using! And be sure to comment your favorite or maybe least favorite parts? I welcome criticism!

Picture ^ or > is of the beautiful library that is seriously my dream, I mean look at that it's perfect! Anyway that was a tense chapter, raise your hand if you hate the Malum! Or better yet comment who you think the Malum is... ya that's right, you might already know!

Any way stay classy

TDD <3