29. Child

The ever so quiet Y/n started off with a disapproving hum. But it didn't stop her from eating her chicken sandwich on hand.

"No." She added with her more adorable voice after swallowing.

Mei, who's been looking at her with such affectionate and motherly gaze, sighed softly. Hands on her cheeks while watching the former 15 year old friend.

Mei, who had mistakenly made a miscalculation turned Y/n into a really adorable, cuddly and doll looking five year old kid.

And as of right now, the mad inventor had been asking her to wear children's dressed which the h/cnette kept on refusing. The girl handed her more candies which the girl kept eating.

"You're so adorable Y/n. Can you be like that forever?" Mei asked.

"No." Y/n plopped a candy on her mouth before leaping her small feet off the chair and made her way back to her workplace. The former swivel chair that she could easily sit on is harder now. Lifting her smaller body into the chair, it moved and she nearly fell back on the floor.

The pinkette friend laughed maniacally. "That's soooo cuutteee!" She screamed endearingly, making her way to her and carrying her up to her swivel chair.

The former ace inventor, now a kid, faced her table which only reached her nose. Having no choice, she stood up instead, reaching for the pencil the girl began scribbling.

"What are you doing, Y/n dear?" Mei asked.

"I'm undoing the curse that you made." The girl replied with her younger 5 year old voice.

Because the author forgot to mention on the previous chapter that after the successful--partially successful teleportation capsules, it exploded.

Now Y/n wondered if Mei is secretly putting self destruct button on her inventions since it can only be used once.

Her pinkette friend on the other hand, watched her failing to supress the smile on her face watching this child-friend of hers. Looking from her own perspective... that Y/n was a five year old genius prodigy kid doing her science project.

She held her chest, feeling the cuteness attack. "I can't! I'll die!" She screamed, pulling the child Y/n into another tight embrace. "Please! Let me adopt you!" She exclaimed.

The child, who have had enough of Mei's outburst, grabbed the nearest snack pack and teleported away into the unknown.

So random that when the portal opened, she fell to an alleyway and landed into someone.

Hearing the quiet whimper, Y/n nonchalantly looked down and found a little girl with white hair, looking just as big--small as her. The older stood up and stared at the child who she noticed was covered in overall bandages.

Opening her snack pack of cookies, she waited for the other child to stand up too. So slowly, she also stood up and turned to the nonchalant other.

"Uhmm..." her timid voice started.

Seeing as the shy child looked confused, Y/n sadly stretched her cookie pack at her, offering some food as apology for using her as a cushion when she fell. The shy other took a piece not knowing what else to do and stared at the cookie in hand.

"Running away?" She asked uninterested as they walked into the small alley.

"..." the quiet child did not utter a word but just walked beside her.

Y/n sighed. "Name." Her adorable child voice asked.

The younger turned to her with wondering bright eyes. "E-Eri..." she replied almost a hit of whisper in Y/n's ears.