Chapter 6: Is This A Date?!

The sun rose to start another day in Inkopolis as some Inklings, and Octolings, were getting ready to start their day by putting on their freshest gear, grabbing their turfing weapon, and heading out the door to Inkopolis to get their turf on. within Splat Tower, room eighty three, Miles was sleeping pretty soundly in his bed until his alarm went off and began to beep rapidly on his dresser next to his bed. Miles, opened up his eyes slowly and groaned before reaching over and shutting off his alarm. he leaned up from his bed and rubbed his eye while letting out a long yawn.

Miles: good morning, me.

Miles, stood up from his bed and stretched a little, then began making his way over to the kitchen which was just outside of his room, while taking his phone with him. after placing his phone on the table, he opened up his freezer and pulled out a box of Kraken shaped waffles, then let out a little smile at them.

Miles: Kraken waffles. my favorite.

Miles opened up the box and pulled out the bag to see that it only had two waffles left inside, making him shrug and toss the box in the trash. Miles walked over to his toaster and dropped the two waffles inside, then pressed them down to cook before going into his cabinet to grab a plate and cup for himself.

Despite his looks and personality, Miles, actually had a pretty clean and organized apartment for the most part. all of his dishes were washed and placed in the drying rack, all of his clothes were washed and neatly folded after drying, his carpet was vacuumed, and his kitchen floor was mopped, etcetera. After setting the table for himself, Miles opened up his fridge and looked right at two bottles of juice.

Miles: hm.....apple juice or orange juice?.....well I don't want to have orange juice with waffles so apple juice it is.

Miles grabbed the apple juice and walked over to the table, then poured himself a glass. after putting the apple juice back in the fridge, Miles' waffles shot out of the toaster and he grabbed his plate before walking over to them and placing them on his plate. Miles, grabbed the bottle of syrup along with a fork, then went to go sit down at the table all by himself. he let out a smile before placing his hands together while looking down at his waffles.

Miles: thank you for the meal!

Miles, grabbed the syrup, but just as he did, he felt something weird climbing up his leg from under the table. Miles, looked under the table and saw a yellow sea cucumber gently clinging to his leg, causing him to chuckle a little.

Miles: well good morning to you as well, Lola.

Miles grabbed the sea cucumber from off of his leg and placed her on top of the table, but the second he did, he saw Lola begin to scoot towards his waffles, causing him to hold his hand out and block her from touching them.

Miles: *smiles* this is my breakfast, Lola.

Lola began to whimper a little and Miles crossed his arms at her while raising his eyebrow as well.

Miles: you have food in your bowl.

some silence passed and Miles, eventually sighed when he knew Lola, wasn't going to leave without a bite, so he broke off a piece of his waffle and offered it to her.

Miles: here.

instead of scooting towards him and taking it. Lola, instead scooted towards the syrup bottle, then looked at Miles.

Miles:...*sigh* jeez.

Miles opened up the syrup bottle and poured a little on the waffle he ripped off for her. Miles, placed the waffle down on the table and Lola slowly scooted towards it and began to nibble on it. Miles let out a sigh before pouring some syrup on his remaining bit of waffles. But as soon as he was going to grab his fork and chow down, his phone began to ring next to him, making him pick it up and see who was calling him.