Chapter 20: A Date With Amira?

A couple days have passed ever since the whole....Inkopolis Ball incident. Everyone was back in their respective apartments, living out their lives like normal. Miles walked through his apartment with a broom, sweeping up the last bit of dust on his floor. He heard a tiny burp and looked over to see Lola completely stuffed next to an empty plate.

Miles: well, someone's full.

Miles cleaned up the rest of the dust and walked over to Lola, picking up her plate and placing it in the sink. Instead of wearing his regular clothing, Miles actually was wearing something a bit... different today; he wore a Tan colored turtleneck sweater along with a pair of black jeans, and he used a purple tie to tie up his ponytail.

He washed Lola's plate and placed it in the drying rack. Miles let out a tiny sigh, catching Lola's attention and causing her to let out a little whimper.

Miles: *straightens his curtains* I'm fine, Lola.

Lola: *tilts her head*

Miles: *opens a window* no....I'm not getting all fancy fancy because I'm planning on talking to Echo.

Lola: hmph.

Miles: Lola, you heard what Coraline said. Echo doesn't want to see or talk to me ever again......I'm just respecting her wishes.

Lola: *sigh*

Miles: hush...luckily Leon has been hanging with Coraline for the past couple of days....at least his romance life is decent.

Lola: *points at Miles*

Miles: oh, I'm dressed like this because Amira is coming over today, ya know?

Lola: hmph!

Miles: what? I was just planning on hanging with her. *shrugs* we could talk for a bit, then head out.

Lola: *glares*

Miles: yes, I'll take you with us.

Lola: *adorable sea cucumber sounds*

Miles let out a tiny sigh and sat down at the table within the dining room, catching Lola's attention. She crawled over to him, then placed one of her nubs on his hand.

Miles:...yeah....I know...I seriously do want to make up with Echo...and explain to her that this was all a misunderstanding.

Miles rested his head on the table and groaned to himself, letting Lola crawl on his face and sit on top of his head.

Miles: I suck with romance.....I suck at making my friends happy...is there anything I don't suck at?

Lola: *points to the kitchen*

Miles: well, I know I'm a good cook...

Lola: *hugs him*

Miles: *smiles* at least I'll always have you, Lola.

Just then, a knock was heard at the door and Miles slowly got up from the table, allowing Lola to stay on top of his head. He walked over to the door and opened it to see Amira standing there, but instead of wearing her casual facemask, she was wearing a Yamagiri Beanie, a Light Bomber Jacket, and a pair of Punk White boots.

Miles: hey Amira *chuckles* you look...a little different.

Amira: I could say the same for you. I just finished working at Cynthia's Café, so that's why I'm dressed like this.

Miles: it looks nice, and it's fall, so it's getting a bit chilly out, ya know?

Amira: indeed. I am looking forward to this date.