Chapter 14: Bonds

The sun rose for yet another day for the lives of many Inklings and Octolings; most of them getting up pretty early to start their day, while others stayed in bed to catch a couple more Z's. One of the Inklings that decided to get up pretty early was Miles, who slowly opened his eyes, laying in silence for a while before he finally decided to let out a long yawn and get out of bed. Miles looked back on his bed to see Lola laying near the edge, on her back and completely sprawled out like a yellow puddle of slime, which caused the Inkling to let out a tiny smile.

Miles, while wearing only a simple tank top and shorts, walked out of his room while stretching and feeling the sweet warmth of the sun, gently beating on his body through his windows. Miles walked into the Livingroom to see an Octoling boy, wrapped in a blanket and smiling as he was silently sleeping, causing Miles to smile as well, while also remembering what happened yesterday.

*Flashback to yesterday*

after saying their goodbyes, everyone walked their separate ways, with Miles and Coraline walking together, along with Lola, who was on top of the Inkling's head, playing games on his phone.

Coraline: *smiles* it's nice to see you on your feet again, Miles.

Miles: yeah. I really wish I could've helped you guys fight the Ravens though..

Coraline: it's ok. you were still recovering and we didn't want you to get seriously hurt.

Miles:.....I guess you're right....

The two continued to walk together back to splat tower, that is until Miles felt a tap on his shoulder, causing him to stop and turn around to see who tapped him. Coraline stopped as well and noticed Leon standing behind them with a very embarrassed look on his face, which caused Miles to get a little concerned for him.

Miles: what's up, Leon?

Leon: I-I.....um....

Miles: hm?

Leon slowly got down on his knees, with his head hanging low, catching Miles, and even Lola off guard.

Leon: please......C-CAN I STAY AT YOUR APARTMENT?!

Miles:.....e-eh?! why?! what's wrong with your apartment?!

Leon: I.....don't have an apartment......I live in the Octagon....

Miles: well...I don't know what the Octagon is, but why don't you go back?

Leon: because I hate it there!.....I have no friends there.....my gramps keeps urging me to find people I have a connection with...he wants me to grow up and become a man....

Miles:.....

Leon: and.....I love it here......I love everything about your culture...I.....I wanna be the Fresh!!.like you guys!!

Coraline/Miles:...

Leon: so please....can you allow me to stay at your place?.....

Miles:...*looks at Coraline*..

Coraline: *smirks* you already know what to do.

Miles:...I...*sigh*..alright, man.

Leon: *oomi* thank you so much!

*End*

Miles was cooking up some breakfast while still thinking to himself slightly about yesterday. He turned around and looked at Leon, who was still sound asleep on the couch.

Miles: (welp..I guess having a roommate wouldn't be so bad. he looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly)

Miles flipped the eggs and left them alone for a second to grab some extra sauces and some bacon as well.