Chapter 29: I'll Fight Alone

It was Sunday. Inklings and Octolings were talking all around Inkopolis square, chatting about the match that'll happen tomorrow.

Inkling girl: I'm positive Calvin will win.

Octoling girl: N-No! Isabella will! She's already taken down 2 Inktastic ten members.

Octoling boy: yeah, but Amira was holding back and that's what costed her the game.

Inkling boy: yup. Isabella doesn't stand a chance. If she wins, then the match was totally rigged.

Octoling boy: I mean....at least the Squid Sisters are hyped up about this.

Inkling girl: if I'm lucky, do you think they'll give me an autograph?

Octoling boy: definitely not.

Inkling girl:...dammit!

While everyone in the square was chatting, Bella was standing in front of her bathroom mirror, looking at herself, then giving herself a smile.

Bella: we can do it....

Bella grabbed her classic straw boater, then walked out the bathroom while humming to herself a little. Bella pulled out her phone and began texting to her friends in their group chat.

B: hey guys, did you all see the news?

M: nope, why?

C: me neither, what's up?

Y: I'm sorry, I was busy yesterday.

B: hm...actually.

Y: what?

M: ?

B: you guys wanna meet up in the Eel Arcade in Moray City? It would make more sense for me to tell you guys in person.

C: I'm free rn, so kk.

M: I'm down. I'll have Amira babysit Lola.

Y: alright.

Bella smiled to herself and put her phone away, then she reached into her pocket and pulled out 4 badges that said "Phantoms".

Bella:.......

*Flashback

After leaving the bathhouse and saying her goodbyes to Obsidian and Aryll, Bella walked along the street near Urchin Underpass. She continued to walk down the street until she saw a building with a squid and Octopus logo that said "Squad Registration station".

Bella smiled and pushed open the door, walking inside and seeing a bit of cephalopods sitting down in separated chairs in the waiting room.

Octoling girl: t-thank you for letting me join your squad, guys.

Inkling boy: no prob....hm...now we just have to think of a fresh name.

Inkling girl: ooh! How about the shredders? That sounds neat.

Inkling boy: too edgy. How about team sunshine?

Inkling boy 2: nah, that sounds lame. How about the Super Novas?

Octoling girl: I like that one!

Inkling boy:...*shrugs* eh, not bad.

Inkling girl: I like it.

The second a Inkling boy let out a triumphant "hmph" while smiling at his friends. Bella couldn't help but let out a tiny smile too, but she soon began to walk over to the 5th assistant counter.

There were a total of 7 assistant counters, with each of them being occupied by other Inklings and Octolings that were choosing their squad names. Bella looked at the assistant woman and touched the bell on the woman's desk, causing her to look up and notice her.