Chapter 36: Neglect

Within the main base in Octo canyon, a young Charlotte was standing in front of DJ Octavio, holding an H-3 Nozzle nose D and looking down the simulated training grounds.

Targets began to pop up everywhere in front of her, then Charlotte dashed towards the targets, who were shooting fake ink at her. Charlotte quickly shot one target, then jumped over the ink shots, shooting another dummy.

The targets began to rotate and move up and down, but that didn't stop Charlotte from hitting all of her shots. Charlotte hasn't missed a single shot of her H-3 ever since she started to move her body. Her strikes and shots linked into each other, moving in such grace, leaving no opening in her form.

Charlotte's tentacles glowed and she summoned her Inkzooka, instantly shooting tornadoes of Ink at targets left and right, not letting her guard down for a second, dodging the targets shooting ink. Charlotte saw 10 targets flip up all around her, then they all shot at her. Charlotte jumped up in the air, then pointed her Inkzooka down at the ground, diving back down and slamming it on the ground. Charlotte shot her Inkzooka on the ground, making a big shockwave of Ink splatting the 10 targets around her.

Charlotte:.....*pant*.....*pant*....father..

Charlotte looked over at Octavio with a tiny smile on her face as her Inkzooka evaporated in ink, but Charlotte saw no change in his face whatsoever, and he instead turned away from her, disappointed.

Octavio: it needs more work...

Charlotte:.......

As Octavio left, Charlotte looked down at her H-3...thinking to herself while feeling something climbing up her leg, seeing Cecelia hanging onto her and looking up at her.

Cecelia: you alright, kid?

Charlotte:....*tiny nod*.....

Cecelia:....*sigh*....you don't look ok....

Charlotte:.......it's....moments....like this..when I...want to talk to my mother.

Cecelia:....kid...I know she'd be very proud of you right now.

Charlotte continued to stare at her weapon, that is until she heard the door to the training room open up, then she heard footsteps inside. Charlotte looked up and saw an Octoling girl that looked slightly younger than her. The Octoling girl had tan skin, and cyan tentacles, her eyes were dull and lifeless, giving off a tint of golden yellow, and the girl clenched her Octo shot as the room began to start up again.

Speaker: beginning simulation.

Charlotte saw the Octoling's eyes flow and change to a blue tint as waves of blue ink seeped from her eyes.

Charlotte:....w-who......

The targets Shot at the Octoling, but she easily dodged them and shot at the targets, not missing a single shot as well, but unlike Charlotte, the Octoling girl hit straight bullseyes on her targets, completely destroying them.

Charlotte watched in disbelief as the Octoling's body shifted and turned to dodge the Ink; her movements looked precise and chiseled to perfection, it was as if the Octoling knew exactly when to move, how to move, and where to move to obtain the perfect execution for defense, like if she was predicting their movements.

Charlotte:...(amazing.....)....

The Octoling summoned an Inkzooka of her own and shot at the targets, splatting one after another, the Octoling held her Inkzooka with one hand, then used her other hand to pull out a suction bomb. The Octoling shot her Inkzooka, then threw her suction bomb into the tornado of Ink, causing the tornado to explode and splat the surrounding targets.