Chapter 33: A Prodigy

*Piranha Pit*

*Splat Zones*

*Enemy Team: 26, Yumi's team: 73*

It was the next day; Yumi was surrounded by enemy Ink, and she began to look around for the Sploosh who was using Ninja squid to sneak around her.

Yumi heard a little shift in the ink, then she jumped up and away from the sploosh, who came up from behind her. The sploosh quickly saw Yumi in the air, and he aimed upwards to shoot at her, but the second the sploosh began to shoot up at Yumi, Yumi dodged the shots by quickly using her Kensa Splat Dualies to dodge roll down to the ground.

Sploosh: *grunts* (how is she so fast?!)

The Sploosh was about to shoot at Yumi once more, but Yumi quickly dashed up to the boy and pulled out a suction bomb. Yumi slammed the suction bomb onto the boy's face, sticking it onto him. The boy tried to pull the suction bomb off, but it was too late, and the bomb exploded, splatting him and taking control of the second Zone they needed.

*Yumi's team is in control*

*Overtime*

Yumi heard the siren go off, meaning that it was overtime. She looked over at the enemy's spawn base, then saw an Octoling girl using a Custom Jet Squelcher. The Octoling girl activated her sting Ray, then began to pierce through the stage with it.

Yumi dodged the stingray, but one of her teammates, a Hydra Octoling boy, got splatted behind her by the lazer. Yumi dashed up to the stingray girl, but she tried to turn the stingray to shoot at Yumi before she could approach and splat her, Yumi turned into her Octopus form and swam in the ink to go under the lazer.

*42.......41......40....39*

Yumi's tentacles began to glow, showing that her Baller was ready to use, and the second she was about to splat the stingray girl, Yumi noticed enemy shots flying at her from a different direction. Yumi jumped away and missed her opportunity to splat the stingray while she was vulnerable, but then she looked over and saw a Kensa Splattershot pro, glaring at her as her tentacles began to glow as well.

K Pro: you're pretty nimble, but let's see if you can handle this!

The Kensa pro began hovering in the air as ink armor formed around her body, Yumi heard the enemy team start chanting Booyahs, which powered up her booyah bomb.

Yumi noticed a Lazer pointing right on her body, so she quickly dodged it by jumping in the air, but then she saw the Custom Jet Squelcher start shooting at her in mid air. Yumi turned into her Octopus form and spun herself to dodge the Splat charger's shots and Jet Squelcher's shots.

Yumi landed back on her feet, but just as she did, she saw the Kensa pro glare at her from the sky, then throw her booyah bomb downwards.

K Pro: splat her!! Go!!

The booyah bomb hit the ground and began to explode in front of Yumi just as the Custom Jet Squelcher began to rush her down, running into the explosion where Yumi was.

The Kensa pro landed back on her feet and let out a little smirk, but when the explosion disappeared, she saw Yumi sitting in her Baller, which was now badly damaged due to the booyah bomb.

K Pro: s-she used her Baller to.....save herself?!

Yumi's baller exploded and splatted the Custom Jet Squelcher, then Yumi dashed straight at the Kensa pro. The girl let out a grunt, then pulled out a splat bomb and threw it at Yumi. Yumi quickly used her leg and kicked the splat bomb away from her, kicking it straight at the charger, hitting him on the head and making him fall back.