Chapter 28: For My Pride

Fall was kicking into high gear, and the Sun was covered up by grey clouds. Even though it didn't look beautiful outside, the atmosphere felt soothing and calm, with a gentle cool breeze flowing past cephalopods in Inkopolis, along with orange and yellow leafs from the changing season.

Obsidian was walking through Inkopolis with a little smile on her face while Aryll was joining her with Sidon on her shoulder. Aryll had on a nice scarf while Obsidian was wearing a cute sweater, walking past the many cephalopods who were relaxing and watching a top level match that was playing on the big screen where Pearl and Marina would announce the stages.

Obsidian walked over to Ammo Knights, then opened the door while Aryll walked behind her, and the two walked inside to see a tiny bit of cephalopods inside as well, picking out their weapons.

Inkling girl: A kensa .52?

Octoling girl: it looks cool, and I saw Isabella use it in her fight with Amira.

Inkling girl: *giggles* yeah, I'd like to see you do all of those flashy moves she did with that booyah bomb.

Octoling girl: I would, but I can't break through the armor...how does she do that?.....

Obsidian walked up to Sheldon and saw him give her a tiny smile, then wave at her.

Sheldon: welcome to Ammo Knights.

Obsidian: *smiles* hello.

Aryll: can we use your testing room?

Sheldon: of course. The doors are always open.

Obsidian nodded and walked past Sheldon with Aryll following her from behind. The two approached a door that was already open, leading into the test room. Obsidian walked inside with Aryll, then saw only one cephalopod in the room....a simple girl who was doing push ups while wearing some gym shorts and sports bra.

Bella: 56...........57.......58...........

Obsidian:...*tiny smile*...

Aryll: hey Bella!

Bella: 59.......60!!...*flop* ugh.....

Bella's face was laying on the ground while panting heavily, allowing the sweat from her body to drip onto the floor.

Bella: H-Hey......*pant*.....guys.

Obsidian walked over to Bella and pulled out a water bottle that she had stashed in a little baggie she was carrying. She sat down right next to Bella, then held it out next to her.

Obsidian: I figured you'd be here, so I brought you some water and a tiny, healthy snack.

Bella finally sat up and let out a long sigh, then grabbed the bottle of water from Obsidian and opened it up.

Bella: thanks. I forgot my water bottle at home....so I owe you one.

Obsidian: don't worry, it's nothing.

Bella: *sip*...uuugh....

Obsidian: how long have you been in here?

Bella: *shrugs* for about, 5 hours.

Obsidian:.....I told you not to go past 3 hours....

Bella: it's fine. I'm still kickin'

Obsidian sighed and reached into her little baggie, then pulled out a little container and handed it to her.

Obsidian: I made you a simple arrangement of veggies and a bit of fruits, freshly picked of course.

Bella: *opens it* I see some celery....cut up strawberries, carrots, grapes.