Chapter 19: Shifts Of Tide

Bella: um...me.

Bella watched as the two Inklings directed their attention RIGHT at her, along with everyone else in the Ballroom. The two Inklings approached Bella and began....looking all around her body, poking her and feeling her skin.

Bella: I uh.......may I ask who you two are?

Gabby: *facepalms*

??? 1: I do not sense strength from her, brother.

??? 2: indeed....she seems to be lacking some body ink.

Bella: excuse me?

The two kids looked up at Bella, then stepped away from her while Bella just looked away, a little embarrassed.

Sol: *chuckles* sorry for that. The names Sol, and this is my sister, Luna.

Luna: pleasure, Isabella.

Bella: so...you two are the ones that control literally everything when it comes to battles?

Luna: *nods* correct.

Sol: we've heard all about you, but we've never seen you before. It was kinda just a rumor that the Inktastic ten members were getting knocked down by some random squid named Isabella.

Luna: and Calvin could be the next target.

Bella: oh trust me, he is.

Calvin: *rolls his eyes*

Sol: hm....alright then.

Sol grabbed Bella's hand, and Luna walked over to Yumi, grabbing her hand as well. The two little squids began to pull them away, while also gesturing Calvin to come along as well. Calvin was about to walk off, but Sonia grabbed his shoulder and gave him a smirk from behind.

Sonia: you still owe me my dance, Calvie poo~

Calvin:...*sigh*

Calvin walked off with Bella and Yumi, along with the two Kids, and before they completely left the Ballroom, the two kids looked back and gave everyone a smile.

Luna/Sol: you may continue.

The twins, Bella, Yumi, and Calvin left the room, and everyone began to continue along with the Ball as the music started up again. Gabby let out a long sigh, but then she heard someone walk up behind her and let out a groan. Gabby turned around to see Cynthia holding her head in pain. Amira walked over to them as well and looked at Cynthia in concern before approaching her to lend a hand.

Amira: do you need help?

Cynthia: no, no...ugh.....I'm okay.

Gabby: *crosses her arms* and this is why I told you not to overdo it with the drinking.

Cynthia: heh...I feel bad for the guy who has to clean up the ladies room.

The three heard footsteps approaching them, then turned to see Miles walking over and eating from his own little plate of food with Aryll by his side, eating as well, with Lola and Sidon on their respective shoulders.

Lola: *waves at Sidon*

Sidon: *waves back*

Miles: *nom* hey guys.

Gabby: what are you eating?

Miles: I.....*looks*....um.....I actually don't know...but it's good as hell *nom*

Amira: that's a sweet dish called Sundown seahorse.

Miles: *tilts his head* hm....*nom*...I've never had a Seahorse before. What part am I eating?