Chapter 21: Love Is Confusing

Down the road near Blackbelly Skatepark stood a simple Café...the Coffin Fish Café. Amira looked up at the Café, putting on her working Cap and grabbing a ring of keys from her pocket. Amira selected one key and used it to open the door to the Café, walking inside and flipping the "Closed" Sign to "Open".

Amira walked down the Café and up a set of stairs, approaching a scratched up door, she gently knocked on the door and leaned close to it, opening her mouth to speak.

Amira: Cynthia...it's time to wake up.

Amira sat and waited for a couple of seconds...but heard nothing from the other end of the door. Amira sighed and opened up the door slowly, looking inside and seeing that Cynthia's room was a complete mess. There were Soda cans, chip bags, and clothes all over her floor.

Amira:.....

Amira slowly walked into Cynthia's room, stepping over trash and trying not to step on anything that looked valuable. Amira approached a mattress on the floor to see the Octoling girl herself.....snoring with her body sprawled out through the whole mattress, wearing a simple sports bra and boxers instead of panties.

Amira: Cynthia?....

Cynthia: *snooore*

Amira:......*taps her face*

Cynthia: mmmmm....

Amira: wake up.

Cynthia slowly opened her eyes and looked right at Amira, letting out a tired groan as she rubbed her eyes, leaning up on the mattress.

Cynthia:...shit....I forgot I gave you a key to this place....

Amira: you stated that you wanted me to be your "Personal Alarm".

Cynthia: Mhm....*stretches* you did a good job.

Amira:...you must clean your room....

Cynthia flopped off of her mattress and stood up next to Amira, continuing to stretch while raising an eyebrow at her.

Cynthia: Cod, you sound like Gabs....

Amira: does this not bother you?

Cynthia: nope.

Cynthia walked past Amira and over to her Tv, which was still on and playing the news. Amira watched Cynthia from behind....looking at all of the scars, wounds, and burn marks on her body...with some looking very painful. Cynthia grabbed the Tv remote and turned the TV off, turning back around and looking right at Amira.

Cynthia: *smirks* I know I'm sexy, but you don't gotta stare at me like that.

Amira:....I know you had scars...but you never told me where you got them from.

Cynthia: Octagon.

Amira: isn't that place dangerous?

Cynthia: yup. But it's also fun.

Amira:.....how so?

Cynthia: well, it just has that action that gets your ink pumpin', ya know?

Amira:.....I suppose.

Amira looked down at Cynthia's fingers... seeing that they were also scratched up pretty badly, and looked as if they've been through many tough battles.....Amira looked at Cynthia in concern, feeling a bit of fear flow through her body.

Amira: Cynthia......

Cynthia: yeah?

Amira: have you ever........killed anyone?

Cynthia:.....*shrugs*...yeah....but it was just one guy.

Cynthia pointed right at her burn mark, smirking right at Amira.