Chapter 53: Rejected Love

*2 years ago*

The moon shined down onto the world, gleaming through a pair of window curtains, illuminating off of an Inkling boy's blue tentacles to make them shine slightly.

The light faded from the boy not long afterwards due to the movement of another....an inkling girl to be exact.......Lux.......staring directly down at Miles...

Lux and Miles pressed their lips together gently, sharing a kiss with one another. The moon now shined down onto Lux's tentacles instead of Miles, covering the sides of his face....making him feel as if he was enclosed within curtains.......sharing this moment with Lux.....being the only two squids on the planet......

They separated their kiss and Lux whimpered a little after feeling her own blush form on her face, but also noticing Miles who flustered her with an adorable blush of his own.

She leaned up from Miles, simply sitting on his lap, and she looked down and noticed his bare chest, and she placed her hand on his stomach, feeling down his skin slowly.

Lux:.........strong.......

Miles: w-well......that's what happens when you......battle everyday.....y-ya know?.....and our trips to the gym seem to be paying off......

Miles shifted his eyes down Lux's body, noticing her only wearing a simple bra and panties......he let out an awkward chuckle to try to hide his embarrassment, then raised his hand and touched onto Lux's stomach as well.

Miles: see? You're strong too....

Lux looked deep into his eyes, but instead of an expanding blush, she stopped herself and looked away from him, and Miles began to get concerned as he removed his hand, seeing her blush shrink....

Miles: h-hey.....are you alright?.....

Lux:......

Miles: If that made you uncomfortable, I'm sorry........and we ca-

Lux: it's okay.........I-I was the one who wanted to do this.......I just.......

Lux moved her body backwards and got off of Miles, noticing him only wearing a simple pair of shorts, and just as he leaned his body up, he saw Lux gently grasp the bed sheets and sigh a little.

Miles: what's wrong?.....

Lux:.........B-Blue....I still feel like....I'm holding you back.........

Miles:.....what are....you talking about, Lux?

Lux:............how could a.....confused and scared inkling like me.....get with a nice.........a-and strong guy like you....

Miles:.......

Lux: I don't......deserve you, Blue.....I always......ruin things........I get splatted so much.......I'm usually the one who makes us lose within our league battles.......I'm too scared to take action........

Miles:.......Lux......

Lux: you're my boyfriend........my happiness...and my inspiration....you stick up for me when Otto tries to tease me........I wanna be like....l-like you.....

Miles leaned up more until he was sitting with his legs crossed in front of her, noticing her ruffled tentacles, staying silent before her........he looked down at her hands and saw scratches........and her rough skin.......showing nothing but proof of her training.....

Lux: I wanna be strong like you.....I train myself hard almost every weekend so I can play better for you during our battles within the upcoming weeks.

Miles:.....