Chapter 17: Preperation

Dayna: nah, I'm good.

Yumi stood there dumbfounded, not knowing how to respond to Dayna's answer. She looked at the golden ticket in her hand, then saw her friend walk past her and flop onto the couch, turning on the TV and relaxing with a bag of chips by her side. Yumi clenched her ticket a little, then walked over to Dayna and tapped her shoulder.

Yumi: w-why?...

Dayna: *shrugs* dances aren't really my thing, Yumi. If you took me, I'd just be sitting there, doing nothin'.

Yumi:....

Dayna: plus, I don't like wearing dresses.

Yumi let out a little sigh just as she saw Mia walk past her with some laundry in her hand. Yumi opened her mouth to speak, but Mia put a hand in front of Yumi's face, gesturing her to be quiet.

Mia: I know what the Inkopolis ball is, and all I have to say is--no thanks.

Yumi: but....who am I supposed to bring as a guest?

Mia: you'll figure it out, Yumi. The Ball is tomorrow, and didn't you say you and your friends are going out shopping or whatever?

Yumi's eyes widened a little and she quickly pulled out her phone to see that it was 12:47 PM. She opened her phone and looked in the group chat that Bella made with all of her friends in it, including her of course.

*GC*

M: yo, where are you guys?

E: yeah. Me and Miles are at Moray City.

B: my bad, I had to do something; but I'm super jumping over there rn.

G: why am I in this group chat?

B: because you are our friend, Gabby.

G: shut up.

Cy: me, Gabs, and Amira are at the entrance. Where are you two?

E: the eel Arcade.

Cy: oh hell yeah.

E: where's Yumi?

B: Idk.

Cy: yoooo, Yumi?!

G: Yumi, it's been 10 minutes and we're waiting for you. Where the hell are you?

*Off*

Yumi began to silently panic to herself, so she quickly texted on her phone before grabbing her wallet and running out the door. Yumi Superjumped out of Flounder heights, and began soaring through the sky, seeing many places below her such as Inkopolis, the street with Cynthia's Café, BlackBelly Skatepark, but in the far distance, she saw Moray City, then let out a tiny sigh of relief.

Yumi landed on top of a building, since she could only Super Jump so far. She looked next to her and saw a virtual billboard, showing a news reporter walking up to an Inkling boy in a tuxedo.

*On the billboard*

News Squid: so, you're the rank 8 squid within the Inktastic ten, sir?

Calvin: *nods* that is correct..

News squid: I see that you've just came out of Deca tower with your trusty weapon. Were you fighting a fierce battle, sir?

Calvin: a fierce battle?

News Squid: yes.

Calvin: *shakes his head* "fierce" wouldn't be the right term to use for the battle...

News squid: care to explain?

Calvin pointed over towards Deca tower to show everyone 4 Cephalopods crawling out of the tower, with looks of pure fear on their faces, even shocking the News squid.