Chapter 45: On The Surface

Otto gritted his teeth slightly in annoyance, looking at 3 cups that were placed in front of him as he sat at the Café's front counter.

Otto: do it....

Behind the cups was Lola, who lifted her body up and stretched out 3 of her nubs, grabbing onto the cups and she began to shuffle them around. Otto payed close attention to the cups, and right by his side was Yasu, who was also paying attention to the best of his abilities.

The cups shuffled quickly and fluently, and from the other side of Otto, Gabby was resting her chin on her hand while leaning over the counter and glaring down at the little cucumber.

Gabby: what the hell is Miles even teaching you nowadays?.......

Otto: shut up! You're throwing me off!

Gabby rolled her eyes at Otto and watched the two boys stare down at the cups in unison. Cynthia leaned against the wall behind the counter, sipping her coffee while also watching the cups shift together.

Just then, the Café's doors opened, ringing a bell to catch Gabby's attention. She looked over and saw Calvin walking into the Café by himself, and greeted him with a simple nod in his direction.

Gabby: hey Calvin.

Calvin: good afternoon.

Otto: oh my cod! Shut the hell up!!

Otto glared over at Calvin for a split second, then looked back at Lola to see that she was done shuffling the cups, using one of her nubs to gesture for an option.

Otto: you can't be serious....I looked away for a second!

Yasu: *chuckles* looks like you got distracted.

Otto: be quiet, dammit!

Cynthia: hm.....I'll go with the right cup.

Yasu: I'll take left.

Otto:......*sigh*....whatever....middle cup....

Lola lifted up all 3 cups at the same time to reveal a tiny marble that was under the right cup, yet nothing was seen under the other two.

Otto: come on!

Yasu: huh....You're good at this, little cucumber...

Cynthia: *smirks* easy.

Yasu: how do you always win?

Cynthia: *shrugs* it's pretty simple.

Otto: to you. Who knows what you do outside of this Café.

Cynthia: you don't wanna know.

Gabby: trust me....you don't.....

Lola let go of her cups and flopped down once again, squirming over to Otto and resting on his hand, catching his attention, and when he looked down at her, she looked back up at him, making him slightly sigh.

Otto: yeah I know...

Otto grabbed Lola with his other hand and gently placed her on top of his head. Lola snuggled on his tentacles, but her head shot up once again when she saw Cynthia reach into the display pastries and pull out a sugar cookie, breaking off half of it and handing it to her.

Cynthia: there ya go.

Otto: not on my head! She'll get crumbs on me!

Gabby: deal with it.

Otto grumbled at Gabby before Cynthia looked over at Calvin and tossed the other half of the cookie towards him, to which he caught.

Cynthia: *shrugs* enjoy. It's obviously on the house.