Chapter 55: Our Winter Vacation

After questionable conversations, rushed packing, and annoying navigation through an airport, the entire gang were now resting on an airplane that was smoothly soaring through the sky.....everyone had their own seating, with Gabby and Cynthia sitting next to each other.

Miles and Amira, Erida and Obsidian, Otto and Yasu, the list goes on. The most important seating however was Bella and obviously Yumi......Bella rested her head against the wall and looked out the window as Yumi was eating from a bag of peanuts.

Yumi turned her head to see Bella and noticed her blank state.....and she leaned over towards her and gently poked her, which made her turn to look at her.

Yumi:......he'll be okay.....

Bella:.......

*2 hours ago*

Everyone sat within the waiting room for their plane ride, and Bella sat in between Calvin and Yumi respectively. Despite everyone having their own form of luggage, when Bella noticed Calvin's luggage......it seemed like it was.....too much for a trip.....way too much for a single inkling.....

She opened her mouth to speak, but was stopped within her tracks, hearing a loud voice over the speakers.

Speaker: attention all passengers, flight "J-25" will now begin their boarding process. Please gather your belongings and we can get the procedure started!

Miles: that's us...

Amira: *nods*....finally...

Lux: I call shotgun!

Charlotte: that's not how it works....you have an assigned seat......

Cecelia: Mhm. I picked your seat for ya....so calm yourself....

Lux: awe what!?....

Gabby saw Lux flail around like a baby and she simply shook her head with a sigh as she stood up, grabbing onto her luggage alongside Cynthia, who was then accompanied by Otto and Yasu......

One by one...everyone began to stand and make their way over towards the exit for their plane.....and Bella grabbed onto her luggage alongside Yumi, with the two standing up and making their way towards the door, allowing the nice Inkling woman to scan their plane tickets.....

The woman gave them a smile and Bella simply smiled back, then began to walk with Yumi, but immediately stopped for a second, turning her head to see Calvin sitting within his chair still, crossing his arms as he looked at her with a gentle gaze.

Bella: Calvin?.......you zoning out or something?......c'mon, we gotta board the plane.....

Calvin could only sit and look at Bella with a small sigh.......concerning her as she saw him stand up from his chair and walk towards her, completely leaving his luggage behind. Bella stood confused as Calvin approached her more and more......

Calvin: Isabella......I...

Calvin raised his hand and gently placed it on Bella's shoulder, and Yumi turned her head to notice them as well........

Calvin:......I won't actually be tagging along for this trip of yours...........

Bella felt a tiny strike hit her heart only slightly as she stared at him....stumbling...but eventually finding her words....

Bella: what?........why?....

Calvin:......I want to start over......and listen to your advice........I recently was selected to attend and become a student of Inkblot art University.......

While some cephalopods are currently attending Inkblot art academy, only a lucky few get selected to attend the next and more upgraded advancement of schooling, which was known as "Inkblot Art University".