Chapter 49: Blessed By The Devil

Being surrounded by nothing but pure black........Yuka looked around, then at her arm to see it reattached.....yet completely coated with black ink...........

Yuka:.......never expected the afterlife to be........like this.......

Yuka stepped and began to walk in the pure void.....noticing that she was standing within even more black ink.....living up her shoes to see it slowly drip from off of her.

Yuka:.........what is this stuff?.......HELLO!!!?......ANYONE!!?

She called out and only heard a response of her own echos.........she sighed and shook her head......looking at her black arm.......shaking it a little to try and flick off the black ink on her skin.......the black Ink only creeped onto her more, which made her uncontrollably grumble before shaking her hand fast and recklessly.

Yuka: get....off! Dammit!

???:....Yuka.....

Yuka stopped after hearing her name from the distance behind her.....she turned around and looked back into the inescapable void, but this time, she wasn't alone. A slight distance away from her was no one other but Yumi............Yumi's back was facing towards Yuka....making her unable to see her face.........

Yuka:.....Yumi?.......

The simple name of her sister slipping from her mouth was enough to make an echo.....and even though she called back, Yumi did not turn to face her......unintentionally........Yuka's body began to move on it's own, walking through the black ink that surrounded her......holding her hand out towards her sister.....

Yuka: Y-Yumi.........Yumi.......

Yuka's walking began to pick up the pace until the Octoling was running directly for Yumi, gritting her teeth in the process. She felt a tear flow down her cheek as she hugged her sister from behind.......burying her head in Yumi's shoulder.

Yuka: YUMI!........w-why are you.....No I......I'm sorry! I don't-....

Yuka felt her emotions run wild within her, which made her back away gently from her sister after seeing no response from her....not even a body gesture for a sign of acknowledgement.......

Yuka:..........Yumi, I'm............I'm sorry!! I just........j-just.......I couldn't keep my promise!............I got carried away........my goal........my love for you........I just wanted.........to be the best.........for you...

She sniffled a little and wiped her face, noticing her tear drops fall within the black ink below, but oddly burn as they touched the ink, emitting a tiny stream of smoke.....

Yuka:..........did you.......did you even want any of this?............did you.......want me to save you......to help.....you?......linking you back within the family........reminding you of them....the ones who caused you the most pain.........

Yumi:.......

Yuka:...........I was an embarrassment to you.....wasn't I?..........I treated you.....like a child.........no......a baby.....the main reason why..........you get pushed around so much.............by the soldiers...........is because of me....

Yumi:.......

Yuka:......I was a horrible sister......a bunch of soldiers knew.........they knew about my title.........me: a squadron leader......who got pushed down to only be a lunch lady and janitor..............they knew you for.....being my younger sister.........teasing you......that you'd end up like me some day.

Yuka's body completely stopped......for the last time.........Yumi kept her back turned.......face out of sight.......which only made Yuka's heart drop.........she allowed her tears to fall........looking down at the black ink........