44) Of Dramatic Jimin

Date: December 18th
Time: 6:01am
Location: Misery Island
Mood: Woebegone, desolate, INCONSOLABLE
<><><>

Shadows began to recede across the bedroom as the sun rose. The door that served as a connection to the outside world remained firmly shut, slowly collecting dust.

Jimin stared soullessly up at the ceiling, a five o'clock shadow taking root on his face and deep shadows darkening the area beneath his eyes.

She was gone and he was dying a quick death of loneliness. His chest hurt as it felt as though a good chunk of his heart had been ripped out. He missed her. So badly it was painful to breathe. There was no Y/n around to paint his world red anymore.

He missed her.

He missed his red marshmallow.

If only he could go back in time and spend just one more minute hugging her.

It had been forever since he'd last seen her, so long that he was starting to forget her face, the sound of her voice. He was dying. DYING!

It had been fifteen whole minutes since she'd left.

That was so dramatic and for WHAT?

But he had to be patient. She was going to be gone for two weeks, he had to remain strong. He knew it was important to not bother her too much and let her enjoy the time with her family. But how was he to manage? HOW?

Fifteen minutes turned to a day and a day bled into more. On the third, Taehyung broke down the door to his bedroom and physically carried his melodramatic friend who hadn't eaten and was sporting a considerably sized beard at this point back over to Namjoon's house. Weird how quickly that beard seemed to grow.

Jin and Jungkook were in holiday mode and forcing the rest of the Scrooge's and Grinch's of the group to take part. All except for Namjoon who couldn't be bothered with this 'stupid, fake holiday'. Until Kitty gave the tiniest frown and suddenly he was gung-ho for Christmas.

After a shave, a good meal, and a shower, Jimin felt better. But he was still empty. Everything hurt. Unmarked mates weren't meant to be separated for long periods of time. The fatigue and heartache were real. His only solace was the fact that Y/n was human and wasn't affected in the same way, or at least not to the same degree. Their connection as mates was definitely there but as a human, her end of it wouldn't be felt to the fullest extent until she was marked.

The separation was hard for him, but his pack mates banded together to help him through it. Whenever he wasn't at work there was someone stuck to his side. Taehyung clung to him like a koala bear at night. Jin started hosting nightly family board game events. Jungkook introduced him to all his favorite video games and convinced him to play co-op together. Hoseok greeted him every morning with a cup of coffee and every evening with hot chocolate, each time giving him a pep talk. Namjoon engaged him in long, deep talks about philosophy, ethics, and morality. Chim Chim showered him with affection and brought him cat toys to play with together.

But it was Yoongi that helped him the most. No doubt they bickered a lot, but that was simply their language for one another. Now there was no arguing, no back and forth. His hyung confided in him.

Where he had moved out to turned out to be an extremely run down apartment in a very rough part of town. 'Coincidentally' his mate lived across the hall, though the one time he came to visit, Jimin hadn't had the opportunity to catch sight of her. Yoongi was worse off (mentally speaking) than he let on. The stress of finding his mate and consequently rejecting her was eating him up.