62) Epilogue

This story was so hard to write. I didn't have as much fun as I should have. But you made it worth it. Don't ever think that I don't read every comment, thank you for every vote and am thankful for all of the reads, silent or not because I am.

I got so much love from you guys while writing this. So many uplifting comments and support that made my day. You kept me going, inspired me to continue and made me feel like a much better story teller than I am.

I don't feel like thank you is enough to convey my gratitude, but...Thank you all so much for everything. Stay gold 💜

<><><>
Two Years Later
‪September 1st‬
<><><>

Hand in hand, Y/n and Jimin walked down the hallway of the columbarium. Along the walls there were niche's in simple linear designs. In them, past the glass panels sat urns containing the ashes of loved ones. It appeared they were alone here in this place, as they met no one else along the way and the only sounds reaching their ears were the ones their shoes made on the marble tiles.

This was the first occasion she had come here and the thought had her pinching her lips in nervousness. Jimin was irregularly quiet from where he walked to next her, a somber frown on his face that she hated to see him wear.

When they drew to a halt she looked to the niche directly in front of them. On the other side of the glass window sat an aged photo of three people she recognized. A younger Jimin and his parents. Next to that sat a rose colored urn with the words, 'It's awfully dark in here' printed on it.

"She had a very dry sense of humor." The corner's of Jimin's lips quirked. "Hi mom. I told you I'd bring my mate to see you one day. I'm sorry it took so long. But here she is. This is Y/n. Isn't she cute?"

Was her hair ok? Was this dress suitable for the occasion? Although Jimin's mom wasn't here on earth anymore, she liked to think that maybe she was somewhere watching. Hopefully, she would approve of her. To show respect, she bowed to her future mother in law before introducing herself.

"Hello, I'm Yoon Y/n. Jimin is my soulmate." she glanced to her left and he motioned for her to keep going. "I think...when it comes to soulmates, I got the best one. He loves me, and he protects me, he listens to me when I ramble about nonsense and he always makes me feel wanted. I say all that so you can know what a phenomenal job you did raising him. Thank you for that."

At the end of the impromptu speech she looked to Jimin and shyly tucked her hair behind her ear. His eyes automatically shot to the ear, pride and the most pure form of elation hit every time he saw where he had laid his mark. One small piercing on her right earlobe seemed small when in comparison to the feeling it had evoked. Their connection, that Wolfy had once described as a river, was now overlaid with a bridge made of an indestructible substance. It's foundation was many meters deep and the waters surrounding it were warm and welcoming.

As a human, she did not experience some of the same instincts as he did. That did not mean that her end of the connection was felt in any less capacity than his. The mark on her ear ensured that she did feel the affects of the mate bond. She felt what he felt. She knew how much he truly did love her. With no wolf of her own she couldn't directly talk to Wolfy, but she could feel him. Understood his emotions. Knew how obsessed he was with everything she did.

Even if she wasn't a werewolf herself, she still felt the need to mark him somehow. So she asked him to marry her. Beating Jimin to the punch once again. He was surprised and pleased and instantly accepted the proposal. But also felt some serious competition. Why did she always do things before he got the chance to?