37) Of Truth

Date: December 3rd
Time: 6:24pm
Location: Work
Mood: *queue WWE entrance music*
<><><>

He thought he would be mad.

Maybe he was a little.

The last time Jimin had seen Yoongi, he'd been a tiny, mint green dot in the distance as he'd made his escape. A couple weeks ago he'd thought to reach out to his pack member and hear his side of the story.

There were a variety of reasons he could have been hanging around his mate's work place. He liked the coffee? He heard her music and had the same taste? He got lunch at a discounted price since he knew the owner? Any of these things could be the real reason. What made it hard to be understanding was his wolf's territorial nature and instinctive need to protect. He was a gentle wolf. But a wolf was still a wolf.

So while Jimin was thinking to calmly approach and ask for answers, his wolf was all:

I say we hurt him.

Did Yoongi really deserve that? Other times Jimin had immediately decided to go for his throat, but things were different now. He was with his mate and she had been scented. The wolf on the other hand felt as though he remained as a threat.

What possible reason could he have for coming here? 'He has three little sisters, remember? Maybe they come here?'

The wolf in his head was pacing, anxious and on edge. He didn't like this, not one bit. Vaguely he'd mentioned to Jimin before that Yoongi was at that convenience store a lot, but he had neglected to mention how often.

Wolves didn't just have a 'good nose'. They could pinpoint new scents and old, could tell you how old it was and how many new ones layered on top of that. Yoongi's had been too many to count. It was a fact that his pack member had found Jimin's mate before Jimin did and he had remained in her vicinity for some time. And the soft, mellow wolf hated it.

Yoongi's wolf had always been the sort to intentionally poke at his nerves, to coax him into bickering at every opportunity. Now he wondered if this was another game to him, a new way to get on his nerves.

He didn't dare share any of that with Jimin.

Regardless if Yoongi was here for an innocent reason or not, this was his third strike. Without a doubt, Jimin's ass would be crushing something he held dear. It was the only revenge he could think of.

"Carl, I'm going to take my break, can you take over for me?"

The German agreed and together they tried to peel the five little girls off of Jimin, something the kids weren't too pleased about. On a normal basis they treated him as if he were a jungle gym and he allowed it. This was probably something he never should have let them start because when it came to him needing to leave they weren't keen on letting go. Today he lost a few (hundred) hairs in the tricky process.

As soon as he was free he ran out, the little angels (monsters) chasing after him with excited eyes and grabby hands. More than one began crying as he escaped.

He did not expect to find Yoongi so soon, but there he stood at the end of the hall. His nostrils flared and gaze met Jimin's and they both froze. A look of alarm flashed through the older man's eyes, an action that Jimin deemed to be an act of a guilty person. What should he be afraid of if he did nothing wrong?