43) Of How and Why

Date: December 11th
Time: 7:26pm
Location: Namjoon's house, the living room
Mood: Um, chile, so anyways-
<><><>

"Tae Tae is mine!"

Kim Taehyung was confused. It wasn't a foreign thing for him. There was a lot he didn't understand. Like why do some people think it's cereal before milk? What was with Jungkook's weird preoccupation with squeezing all of his hyung's butts? Why did girls smell so good? What was the ideal circumference of a hamburger?

Because he thought: milk then cereal. Jungkook maybe was trying to...compare sizes? Girls never many sense anyway so there was no point trying to understand it. The hamburger thing: it would take a while to figure it out and a lot of hamburgers would be consumed in that time. That didn't matter. Taehyung was willing to consume as many as he had to in order to unveil this mystery.

But the thing confusing him the most: Park Jimin. Jimin rarely confused him. He was very open and honest, always wore his feelings on his sleeve. What Jimin said was what Jimin meant. He was always there when he needed someone to talk to and he didn't mind it when sometimes Tae needed a cuddle partner to fall asleep. But why was the man grabbing his wrist and acting out his own K drama in the living room?

Taehyung was glad he wasn't a K drama actress. Those poor women's wrists must be bruised up all the time.

The last thing that confused him was his best friend's mate. Not her stutter or shy disposition, which Jin and Hoseok had told them all to ignore on threat of no more Tteokbokki Tuesdays. As if they needed the warning. They were animals, but they weren't without manners. Even if they weren't, there was something innocently endearing about Jimin's mate that had all of them more likely to wreck their own face with a rusty frying pan than insult her.

What confused him was her scent. Or maybe it wasn't her scent. It could have been another smell that she was carrying with her. The best way he could describe the smell was: almost right. Like when you smell someone baking chocolate chip cookies and you go to get one, but then realize they put raisins in them. And raisins were a disappointment.

Why did she smell like that?

He swept all confusion away to focus instead on this adorable creature that had entered the home and caused havoc. He had half a mind to keep it but knew that the cats in the house would never stand for it. Yet possible names came to mind anyway.

Sir Batula?

Batman?

Yeontan?

Bat number 1?

"That's fine. You can have him." Y/n didn't try to fight Jimin. It was the first thing to happen in the last ten minutes that actually made sense.

His friend donned a victorious smirk, bringing Tae's eyes to roll. This was so weird. Stranger, was the moment after when he seemed to have realized what he'd done. Casting a look from his grip on Taehyung's wrist and then back to his mate.

His hand was dropped when Jimin let go to step toward his girlfriend. "Wait-"

"So Y/n, I'll lift you up and you grab it. I'll get some oven mitts so you don't get scratched." At her agreeing nod, he left.

"Red, I-"

She didn't hear whatever he was rambling on about, the cute creature hanging from the ceiling had her enraptured. Never having seen one up close, she was going to take in every detail she could. It wasn't until she felt a warm presence at her back wrap itself around her waist that she became aware of a seeking attention Jimin. But for once, he wasn't her first priority. The animal had established eye contact and was making these strange noises. She took it to mean it was talking to her.