36) Of Staring and More Staring

Date: December 2nd
Time: 9:51pm
Location: Pojangmacha (food tent)
Mood:

Date: December 2ndTime: 9:51pmLocation: Pojangmacha (food tent)Mood:

<><><>

Jimin was back to staring.

Just as he had when they first met. Except now the fascination, longing and ardent affection shining so brightly back at her had increased over time. Where once this type of look from him would agitate and frighten her, comfort and a sense of acceptance now settled in it's place.

Not to say that it didn't fluster her. Only that his feelings were so clearly being projected that it reassured her that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. That was an idea still hard to grasp, yet didn't seem too far out of reach.

Chin in both palms as his fingers cupped his face, he unabashedly stared from his spot across the small table. They'd stopped after work to eat supper in one of the food tents lining the street and were currently waiting on their food. Rather than talk he drank in the sight of her and the silence was something she found to be comforting. Jimin never tried to force a conversation and as such, it gave her the inclination that she didn't have to either.

A little over a week had passed since their first date and Y/n could accurately categorize them as some of the best in her life thus far. On the outside and with everyone else, she was that same bashful, quiet girl that kept to herself. When she was with Jimin, it was like a different character came out in place of the other Y/n.

A new person, confident and open, easy to laugh and willing to speak up. Of sorts. As long as he wasn't begging her for kisses or relentlessly flirting, she would remain that confident person. Not completely new. Change didn't happen in a day. The difference was that now she wanted to try being something else. Dealing with her social anxiety was, of course, difficult. But not impossible. Whether that was with Jimin or anyone else.

Yet somehow, it was 100 times easier when he held her hand.

His random touches were reassuring, but they did not evoke that warm feeling in her chest as holding his hand did. When they walked side by side his arm would brush against hers. Every door was held open and every chair pulled out for her and each time, he would press a hand to her back.

Sometimes he would reach over and tweak her nose for no apparent reason. Though his preferred spot was her right earlobe and he would rub that between his fingers quite often. The reason for that was unknown but she wasn't going to complain as that particular action was almost as nice as holding his hand. A few times her hair would brush against it after he touched her there, and it bothered her so much she'd taken to pushing it behind her ears, something that shocked but pleased her boyfriend.

Kisses were as often as they were completely alone and it was dark enough to assure her that if there were to be someone looking, they wouldn't be able to see. Which, to Jimin's disappointment, was not that often. It brought her down to think that she couldn't just do it, couldn't force herself to overcome this mountain of bashfulness.