5) Of Roses and Sparks

Date: October 15th
Time: 6:00pm
Location: Work
Mood: Surprised Pikachu
<><><>

Jimin was showing up in all areas of her life.

Home.

...Work.

"Y/n, this is your new coworker, Jimin." The always too-enthusiastic boss introduced her to her very persistent stalker, not noticing her look of alarm.

Jimin was now her coworker? She had been drawn to this job because the store was so small, it'd left the impression that more than one worker at a time would be unnecessary.

Her boss, a thirty something energetic woman that never stopped talking was still going on, unaware of her pain. "It's not very safe for a young girl like you to work alone till late so this will be better. He's here mainly for stocking the shelves and making sure everything in the back stays sorted. And guess what! Jimin-ie is my cousin—well, his mom was my cousin so I think that makes him my first cousin once removed? I don't know, but if he does anything stupid let me know."

Her cousin. Now she knew there was no way the older woman was ever going to fire him. There was no way around it. She was going to have to look for a new job. Though her gaze hadn't wandered in his direction she could feel his eyes on her already. What was his deal?

"And Jimin-" her boss stopped mid rambling to grab onto his shirt collar. "She's really shy so don't bother her too much. Quit staring; you're making her uncomfortable!"

Now she felt guilty for having thoughts of leaving. Her heart felt comforted in the fact that the older woman was at least somewhat aware of her situation, and she felt a rush of affection towards her.

Except that now she spotted her husband and with a happy squeal ran outside, ditching her with the weird-ass tiny man and Y/n sort of hated her.

Alone with him now, she panicked and rushed to stand behind the counter, as if that small barrier would do anything to protect her.

To her surprise, he disappeared in the back, supposedly to get to work. Some of the tension in her chest eased off. As long as he was out of sight, maybe she could handle this. Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly to ease the tightness in her chest. After a quick glance around the store and then through the window to make sure there were no approaching costumers, she pulled out her phone and inserted her earbuds into her ears.

"-eight inch ooh that's good pipe, bad bitch Imma ride the dick all night.-"

"-we shoot .223s we'll take your life-"

"-made a brick through a brick I ain't whip up shit this is pure cocaine-"

"-slip into your pants Imma make it quick-"

Appearing from the back, Jimin's head cocked to the side as he gave her a funny look. Almost like he could hear the music playing, but that couldn't have been possible since it was down low.

Unfortunately the sight of the ear buds did not deter him in the least. Instead, he pulled a giant, stuffed puppy in a yellow jumpsuit seemingly out of nowhere and plopped it onto the counter in front of her. She stared at the dog, vaguely recognizing that this character's name was Chimmy. But why was Chimmy here?

"It's for you." Jimin answered her thoughts as if he could hear them. "When you get scared, hug him." he says seriously. "It will help. And-" he pulled out a journal from a shopping bag. "My hyung said writing in one helps him when he feels stressed or tired so I thought it might make a nice gift..."