38) Of More Kisses and Even More Confusion

Date: December 4th
Time: 6:12pm
Location: outside?
Mood: I'm so Lovely, You so Lovely, We so Lovely. lovely Lovely Lovely
<><><>

"YAH, PARK JIMIN!"

The man in question winced at the anger fueled voice of his eldest hyung, evidently furious at him for some unseen reason. Y/n, who had relented to a hug/cuddle session (they had hidden themselves in a quiet alley behind her home) blinked up at him in curiosity, her arms still enveloped around his waist.

Palms tightened and loosened again in order to calm himself. It was a vain attempt. The pack member who scared him more than the alpha, was the omega of the group. Backwards it was, yet true.

"Hyung? What's wrong?" He dared to venture, knowing he was about to be on the end of one of his infamous, rap-speed scoldings, though he had yet to figure out why.

That question was soon answered.

"First-you-go-and-do-something-as-reckless-as losing-your-temper-and-hurting-yourself-in-the-process-but-then!!! You-act-even-more-like-a-child-than-the-grown-man-that-you-supposedly-are-and-let-your-condition-worsen-by-allowing-your-wound-to-fester-and-giving-yourself-an-infection!! Then-as-if-that-wasn't-enough-to-deal-with-you-MISS-YOUR-FOLLOW-UP-APPOINTMENT?!? WHAT-do-think-you're-doing? Are-you-trying-to-kill-yourself? Or-my-nerves?"

"No, hyung, I-"

"Don't-you-give-me-any-lip-young-man!"

"I wasn't-"

"I've-told-them-that-you're-coming-in-today-so-you-are-going-to-march-your-butt-back-down-to-that-hospital-right-now."

Usually, he would be quick to agree when this hyung. Up until this point in his life not once did he think to defy him. But...Y/n. All snuggly and warm and clinging onto him. She'd turned her head to rest her cheek on his chest, apparently content to be in his arms. For a moment, an intense and irrational urge to growl and threaten Jin for trying to separate them took over. In most cases his wolf was the sensible one, but he was still an animal. An animal that didn't care for violence or hunting. Yet, on the flip side, one that did not take being ripped away from his mate lightly.

Then there was Jimin, the man. A gentle, compassionate man. Mostly all he wanted in life was to be with Y/n, to make her smile and watch her get bashful over simple things and from whom he would beg for kisses. But family was also important and that's exactly what Seokjin was to him. He couldn't be mad at him when he knew his big brother was only looking out for him.

"Sorry." He murmured, dropping his nose to nudge at Y/n's ear. Her scent calmed him down immediately but also reminded him that soon they would have to separate. "I'll go right now."

With a slight pout Y/n blinked up at him, giving him the extreme urge to toss the phone and all familial ties away. Would it be worth it just to get an extra cuddle?

Probably, but he was still too afraid of Jin's reaction to test that theory.

The older man didn't seem to trust him and issued his next order. "Are you with your mate?"

"Yeah."

"Hand her the phone."

"...Why?"

"Hand it to her right now."

Confused but compliant, he motioned the phone in her direction. She hesitated to take it from him, sharing his puzzlement. At his shrug she unwound her arms from his waist and brought the phone to her ear.