39) Of Suspicions and Werewolves

Date: December 4th
Time: 6:37pm
Location: Hospital
Mood: Jungkook confused math meme
<><><>

Jimin had no idea what to do. As of now, his brain was on the verge of crashing and never recovering. An insanely large amount of time was spent agonizing over what he'd seen and what to do with the information. Every option felt wrong.

Tell Y/n that there was something wrong with her best friend? With her only friend, besides himself. He couldn't tell her that. He didn't even know what was wrong with Hyuna. What he knew was that scent, now that the answer had been thrown in his face.

An abundance of bad memories came with it, memories he would have rather forgotten. The way they'd been forced to watch as his mom became a half dead version of herself. And up until the end they had denied it. Tried to play off the fact that she was losing weight at a rapid pace. Attempted to tell themselves that she was weak, but it was because of the treatment she was undergoing. What not a lot of people knew, themselves included (at that time) was that chemotherapy harms you as much as the cancer does. It fixes you, but at a price.

Jimin nor his father knew that and if they had, it wouldn't have mattered. They still would have told themselves that it wasn't true and that she would get better.

That damned scent brought everything back. The way his moms bones were visible through her skin. How she couldn't eat anything without it coming back up, but she'd laugh and say it was just like she was pregnant again.

The crinkling sound that the hospital bed made when he laid down next to her to get one last hug from the woman who gave him life. She'd held him that day and told him she loved him. Made him promise to take care of himself. To not miss meals, to not cry too much, to be a good student. He'd broken all of those promises in the end.

The part he could never forget was the look she kept giving him.

It was apologetic, as though what had happened was her fault. But underneath that, it carried so much love that not even Mount Everest could see the top. Even at that young age, a part of him understood that no one would ever look at him like that again. Other people would love him. And they did. Jimin was loved and he felt loved. But no one could come ever come close to the infallible love that his mom had for him.

The other option was to keep this to himself. Morally, he couldn't decide which was right. This was Hyuna's problem, this was her life, not his. If she wanted to tell people about it, then she would. Keeping this secret out of respect for her was the right thing to do. But holding information was a form of lying. If he kept this to himself then he would be lying to his mate.

This was going to hurt her. Either way, no matter what he did, it would hurt Y/n. And which was worse: to withhold this information to protect her? Or to tell her everything and hope it didn't hurt her friendship? Because it would affect it. This was obviously something Hyuna had wanted to keep to herself and if Y/n were to suddenly know...based on how she reacted to Jimin, it wouldn't be pretty.

It's not our secret to tell.

As much as it pained it, his wolf was right. Telling Y/n would be disrespectful. Besides that, he didn't know what was wrong with Hyuna. It wasn't the scent of a specific sickness he could detect, it was that there was something wrong inside. Something that promised for worse.

Without putting much thought into it, he left the curtain and followed after her. Just from her back it was clear that she was furious. Anger leaking into every step as her feet slapped against the tiles and directed her away from him. He followed silently since he was still lost and needed some direction, quietly debating on the idea of questioning her.