47) Of Mates and Belonging

Date: December 27th
Time: 5:42pm
Location: Y/n's apartment, the living room
Mood: Curious, eager to learn

<><><>

After kicking Taehyung out to go 'get the thing', both parties intention had been to talk about what had just transpired. From there they had sat on the couch, Jimin staring at her lovingly while she unloaded dozens of questions for him to answer. It was a good while until she was somewhat satisfied, but still had so much more to ask.

"So," she started off slowly, trying to get a grip on all of the new information that had been laid out before her. "You're a werewolf and you were born that way. All of your friends are also werewolves. The full moon makes you lose control to your wolf side, but you can turn into a wolf anytime you want. He's you, but he's not you and you can talk to him in your head. It doesn't hurt too bad when you turn, and no one but the people closest to you gets to see your wolf form...I still don't understand that part..."

With a smile he reached over to tuck her hair behind his favorite ear. He wasn't sure anymore. But had Y/n always been this perfect or was it today?

"To humans, like you," he affectionately pinched her nose to emphasize his point, "that's the same as taking your clothes off. You only do that in front of someone you really trust. I've seen my dad's wolf, and my mom saw his and mine, but I've never seen Taehyung's parent's wolves and my mom only ever saw ours. It's very intimate and personal. Jin, Tae, Jungkook, Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi have seen one another's because we're so close we've sort of formed our own pack within our official pack. Now the only others we will trust with that honor would be our mates and possible future children."

"Wait. Taehyung said mate too. What is that?"

He grinned before his voice dropped into the husky flirty tone that always made her blush. "I told you before didn't I? You're my soul mate, jagiya. You don't believe me?"

"More like, I don't understand. A lot of people say that. But you say it like it means something."

Outwardly he maintained the relaxed state of the atmosphere. Inwardly, there was tensing from his wolf. Everything coming out today was undoubtedly on the fanciful side of things, but this part may be the strangest.

"Y/n, do you believe in god? Any god or higher power?"

The question gave her pause and it took her a moment to mull it over and reply. Finally she shrugged. "I don't know. My mom does. She thinks they're all real. I guess anything is possible now that you're telling me you're part animal."

A half relieved, half stressed chuckle came from him. "We believe in a moon goddess who gifted us our wolves. And when she created us, she took our soul and cut it in half and put it into two separate beings. One," he laid a hand on his chest before running the other over the back of her head and letting it rest there. "Two. Together we make a whole."

"But..." she paused to ponder over this new slice of information, wondering where to start first. "How do you know?"

"Since my wolf is the, I guess you could say: magical part of me, he's the one that's able to recognize it. We knew from the moment we saw you."

"Oh." In the next second she visibly deflated, a worried look flitting across her face. "Does that mean...that you...didn't pick me? That you didn't have a choice?"

"Of course not." He answered automatically because he wanted more than anything to get that look off her face, and because he felt strongly about his answer. "Everyone has a choice. Some of us don't chose to spend our life with our mates. Mostly that's omegas because it can take so long for them to find each other that they give up on the idea. And sometimes mates don't have romantic relationships at all."