27) Of Toddlers and Rainbows

Date: November 19th
Time: 4:52pm
Location: Daycare
Mood: Pre-rollercoaster ride Hobi
<><><>

Y/n was hired to the daycare because her former boss had written her such a glowing review, the passion for which her new boss sensed she had for caring for children, and because Hyuna would not shut up about her and heavily pressured the daycare supervisor until she relented.

Jimin was hired because he seemed to have a lot of energy (a trait vital when taking care of small children), was a police officer in training, knew child CPR in advance, and because Hyuna would not shut up about him and heavily pressured the daycare supervisor until she relented.

So they were both hired! Jimin was thrilled. It was as if there was an author to their lives magically putting them together so that they would always have interactions, because they even shared a class together.

Actually, it was Hyuna.

She was the author, or better said, the captain of this ship.

It wasn't hard. All she had to do was heavily pressure the daycare supervisor until she relented. Easy. The older woman had a patience level longer than imagined when it came to kids, but when it came to dealing with Hyuna, she couldn't handle her. Or else she couldn't say no to her.

It probably had a lot to do with the humongous crush she had on her.

Oddly, since Thursday night that need for Jimin and his sparks had greatly diminished. Not completely. Y/n still liked him. But since then the feeling wasn't quite as desperate.

Their communication ran once again like clockwork. Good morning red. Good night marshmallow. Have a good day. Have sweet dreams.

Tuesday morning she woke with a new set of butterflies in her tummy. Once they were for Jimin, and maybe some of them still were. Now most were because that after her classes today would be the first day at her new job.

Different people to meet, a new normal to learn. Would the kids like her? Would she like the kids? Children were inherently honest, something that endeared her to them. But what if they were the mean kind of honest?

Then Hyuna would handle it.

That eased her mind. She was not above hiding from a gang of babies behind her best friend. She wished she was, but that wasn't the case.

The daycare was just as a colorful and chaotic as it was in her memory. Hyuna happily clasped her hand tightly in her own and was swinging it to and fro as she skipped inside, practically dragging her along. Hyuna was thrilled because 1) she got to work with her bestie, 2) this would give her more opportunity to help Y/n's relationship with Jimin along, and 3) she was the one training her because she wouldn't stop begging her boss for the opportunity and heavily pressured the daycare supervisor until she relented.

"There's 23 kids in our class and four adults. So you will have on average 5-6 of them that are your responsibility. But," she stopped them outside of a windowed door, "we will all be there so if you need help, do not hesitate to speak up. That's the one occasion where you can't be shy. Okay?"A hand affectionately ruffled her hair just as Jimin arrived.

"I'm late!" He skidded to a halt next to them, his breath slightly labored before sending Y/n a tired smile. "Hi."

Her gaze shot to the floor as she blushed hard while uttering a hello. Somehow she always forgot handsome Jimin was.

"Actually, you're ten minutes early, but it's whatever." Hyuna spoke up quickly, sensing a tension from Y/n. "I was just saying that you will be responsible for 5 or 6 kids at once. I'm training Velma and you'll be watched over by-"