Chapter thirty-two

Morenikeji's POV

"I will now pass sentence of the verdict, I agree with the jury on the verdict of guilt and hereby sentence Julie Okereke to life imprisonment, without parole" The judge said, conclusiveness clear in his voice.
The sheriff in the court took out his handcuffs and put them on Julie's hands.

She glared at me as they took her away and she still scared me but I felt Richard's hands on my arm reassuring me. Katherine and Kate were giving me sad looks, I even saw tears slip down Katherine's eyes.

"Babe, let's go. It's finally over" Richard said with an auspicious smile. He knew how nervous I was and he comforted me.
Although we were not able to get justice for Jeremiah, she will be staying in prison for life and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she was sentenced to death unlike those murderers and kidnappers who were charged to death by hanging.

"Keji, please wait" I turned to leave the court when Kate held my hand. I saw the twins looking at me with apologetic eyes. Richard stopped immediately I did and I told him to wait for me in the car.

"We are entirely sorry for the troubles we have caused, our mother inclusive. I know she is remorseless but I hope our remorse covers for her wicked acts towards you. Please forgive us, Keji" Kate finished and it was clear they were being sincere about this.

"It's fine. We are sisters after all, aren't we? Let's start acting like it" they nodded and we hugged each other, said our goodbyes and left the court.

  For two months we have been anticipating this moment and it finally came. Mr McDougal had gone back to Canada but sends his greetings every now and then together with his family.
Adamu was not able to come to court because he had to work.

"So let's go back to planning the party" I told Richard.
"Everything is planned just rest"
"The party is by eight o'clock in the night, I have to do my makeup and all that"
"It's only four o'clock"
"When we get back, it will be five or six o'clock"
"Keji, please rest for at least one hour" Richard was giving me a face he believed to be a puppy dog face.
"Is that supposed to be a puppy dog face?" He nodded and I laughed.
"Stop it, you look hideous but I'll rest" I replied.

We went back home.
I've been learning how to bake some pastries and even deliver to eateries, trying to earn money. Richard also understood that I might need to live on my own but since I don't have enough money for a rent, I'm still here.

Richard's POV

  It's 7:30pm and we haven't left the house, we should be early for this party.
I'm glad justice has finally been served for Linda so this party is like a double celebration.

Adamu's birthday and winning the case against Julie.

My thoughts were pushed aside when I looked up and saw the beautiful queen in front of me.
She wore a long beautiful black dress with red heels and simple yet classy makeup.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

She has really changed from when I met her, she's more confident and I love that.

"I'm sure your jaw is paining you, you look handsome too" I blushed in embarrassment.
Yeah, like she hasn't seen me in a black suit.

"You look gorgeous, I'm sure all the men there will find it hard to keep their off you" she blushed.
"Shut up and let's go"

   We reached the place at 7:48pm and the place was already packed with people. The decoration was beautiful with mostly purple and pink colours then a little white to brighten up the place. A few people there were my colleagues working on the project with Adamu and I. I introduced Keji to them.

Soon, the birthday guy came. Nigga turned twenty seven today.

"Richard, Keji I want to introduce you to my younger sister. She just came into Lagos today"
A young lady who has a striking resemblance as Adamu was beside him.

"Meet Zainab"
"Zainab, meet Richard and Keji"
"Nice to meet you" she said
"The pleasure is mine" I replied.
"Zainab, shi ne wanda ya tsara wannan jam'iyya"
"Richard and Keji, thank you so much. I heard you planned this party" Zainab said cheerfully.
"No problem"

  The party started with prayers, some music then speeches from friends well, mine was short then the cutting of cake then the gifts. I asked Keji to take him outside while I checked the new Mercedes-Benz SUV I got him.

"Happy birthday, Adamu" I said as I handed him the keys.
"Ya Allah na, Richard, thank you so much. May God bless you" he thanked me, took the keys and climbed into the car excitedly. He started the car and horned.

  Suddenly Keji hugged me tightly, I looked down at her as she looked at me in awe.

"You're so amazing, everytime I look at you and wonder why this awesome guy chose me" she said.
"You'll keep wondering because I'll choose you over and over again" I replied.

We drowned in a kiss and I know I want to have her in my arms, now and always

The End

Hey lovelies, so we have finally ended this journey of thirty two chapters. Thank you all for the support, votes, shares, comments and even the ghost readers. I love you all💖♥️. You're amazing and I really appreciate you for giving this book a chance. I hope you really enjoyed.
Please don't forget to vote, comment and share 💖 thanks.

Happy holidays 🌲💓