Chapter nine

Hello, good people of the world, I hope you are having a good day. Here's another update.
Please vote, comment and share.❤️❤️ Enjoy.

Today, the day Jeremiah would travel to Indonesia on a business trip and the day I'm more scared than ever.
I wasn't this scared when dad left mum or when mum was getting married again so why now?

We woke up earlier than usual to wish Jeremiah a safe journey while doing that, he handed the three of us ten thousand Naira each. I have never held that much money before not to talk of it belonging to me.

He told us to go to our rooms then he spoke to his wives.
I laid down on my bed but after a few minutes, the door opened revealing the witch, Julia.

"What do you think you are doing?" She asked.

"I just wanted to sleep some more before getting ready for school" I replied.

"Ha, ha, which school do you think you are going to?"

"My school"

"Shut up, from now on you don't have a school so go downstairs and clean up the kitchen and don't you dare run to your mummy"

I ran downstairs and did as I was told. It seemed like she dismissed all the kitchen staff because no one was in there when I entered.
I went upstairs to check if mum was awake but she wasn't so I went back to my room where the witch was.

She followed me downstairs back to the kitchen.
"You stupid girl, is this how to clean a kitchen? Will you clean it well, Nwa na abaghiuru( useless child)"

I went back to cleaning while tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. So this was what I was scared of and I think it would get worse.

While I was still in there, I heard someone scream and I ran out just to see mum rolling down the stairs.
Before I could reach her, she was already on the floor.

This happened at nine o'clock in the morning and the twins were already at school, mum must have thought I went with them.
I couldn't believe my eyes, there she was bleeding from her head.

I shook her body frantically but no response then I screamed for help. The witch and all the other staff in the house ran to where I was. I cried so much I could fill up a bucket with the tears.

What if she doesn't wake up? What would I do? What would happen to me? I'm so scared.

😭😭😥 what would happen now? How did that fall happen?
Please vote, comment and share. Love y'all 😘😘