Chapter twenty-one

Morenikeji's POV.

  He kissed me and I didn't want it to stop. I never thought my first kiss would be this gentle and passionate and, wait a minute....
I put my hands on his chest and pushed him.

"This is what you wanted all along!" I'm fully aware that I'm screaming at him.
"What? To kiss you? Yes, that's what I still want" he replied.
"I'm not letting you get that chance before it gets to something else, I'm leaving" I walked back to the room he gave me and he followed.
"No, please don't go. I'm sorry. What are you scared of? Love?"
"Love?" I laughed "that doesn't exist. You'll deceive me and next thing, I'm in bed with you" he looked affronted.

"So you think I would just lure you here to get you in bed with me and I didn't go to a club for that? Why would I spend so much money if I wanted you as a whore!" I flinched at the tone of his voice.
"I don't even know what to tell you. Maybe to you that kiss was a mistake but I don't regret doing it. I've never misunderstood my feelings like I do now and I've been with a lot of girls" he continued.
"Sexually or platonically?" I don't know why I asked that.
"Both" and it hurt but why? Do I like him? I don't even understand my own feelings.
"This is my house and if I was so desperate, I would have brought a whore from a club or somewhere but I didn't. I'm going to my room" he said and I held his hand.
"I'm sorry, I don't know why I accused you of that. I... I..."
"You what?" He pressed. He's still pissed.
"I thought you wanted sex as a pay back for your help. Please, don't be mad at me"

Turn of events, he was begging just minutes ago and look at me now.

"I'm.... I'm, I don't think I'm mad. I feel offended but I know you've seen love differently from what I've seen but it does exist" he replied.
"Do you love me then?" Where are these questions coming from? Keji, what is wrong with you?.
"I don't know". Ouch "but I've never felt so drawn to anyone like this before. You are slowly filling my every thought. It's different this time".

He left my hand and I immediately missed it.He went back to his room.
  If I'm honest with myself, he's slipping into my thoughts too.

He's constantly making efforts to make me happy and I know it but why? I'm poor I can't offer him anything. I'm broken, I'm a mess.
I think about his beautiful blue eyes that he constantly stares at me with, his handsome face and his long hair that falls to his cheeks but he gels it back when he goes to a meeting.
He prefers tea to coffee which is strange.

I shake my head to get rid of these thoughts.
I need to visit Sandra and Rose. I'll beg them to get Tayo's phone number now that I have a phone and I can't go to the house.
I'll visit them today beside it's only one o'clock in the afternoon.

I went to Richard's bedroom and knocked on his door.
"Yeah, come in" he replied from inside the bedroom. I stepped into the room.
He's in front of his laptop on a desk and I think he's on a video call with his father.
Wait, his father. My eyes widen when the man looks at me and I look down at my clothes. I feel uncomfortable.

"Keji, what's up?"
"I wanted to...to visit my friends" I stuttered.
"Do they stay far?"
"No"
"I'm coming with you"
"But..." He silenced me by speaking.
"I'll not enter the house, I'll just make sure you are safe" I nodded and left his room to change.
I decided to go with one of the new jeans I got and a plain blue t-shirt with a pair of black sandals. I need to loosen my cornrows but I'll manage it for today. I'll just meet Sandra to make another one later.

I walked out of the room and found him at the front door. The car ride was quiet, I just pointed directions to Sandra's place hopefully, Rose will be there too while Richard just kept looking at me.

"Just give me a call when you want to get back. I taught you how, right?"
"Yes, you did. I will call you"
I went to the house through the back door and thankfully, I found Rose there. I hugged them.
There wasn't much to discuss from their end so they looked at me and I started talking.

Richard's POV

"I didn't get her a purse and she needs to change those braids" I said mostly to myself.
"Boss, you like her" Rashidi, my driver said.
"Is it that obvious?"
"Your eyes are always glued to her, I know you don't want to just sit here while she's there but you have to" I chuckled.
"You got that right"
"She seems like a lovely girl na hard thing for here o" he replied although I didn't get the last part, I know it's a good thing.
"My dad saw her when she came to tell me that she was going out while I was on a video call and he was shocked. He wanted to laugh but a glare from me shut him up"
"He should start getting used to it"
"Yeah, he should" I agreed.
"Do you think I love her? I don't know why I'm having this conversation with you but hell, I can have it with anyone right now"
"I've seen how you look at her. It's clearly love. It's not too early to shoot your shot" he replied.
"I have to make her fall in love with me" I ended the conversation and called Adamu.

"Hello, man"
"Hey, you're here in Nigeria, right?" I asked.
"Yes, why?"
"I need the best lawyer you can find"
Somebody needs to put that her stepmother in her place and that someone is me.

Please vote, comment and share.🙏