Chapter twenty seven

Richard's POV

"Hey, good morning babe" I said.
"Good morning" she just stayed by the cooker.
No kiss. No hug.
"Richard, where were you yesterday?"
"Oh, I was at a club, one of my colleagues arrived from Canada and we had a lot to catch up with about the company, he will be assisting me in the supervision of the project here" I replied and still nothing, she just turned back to the food she was preparing.

"Keji, is something wrong?"
"Where was your phone?"
" I forgot it at his place when we went to the club, I had to go get it before coming back and I haven't checked it since then. Gosh, I have a mild hangover now"
"Check it" I don't like the tone of her voice.
"Okay"
Wow, fifteen missed calls and six text messages from her.

"Richard, I was worried about you, why didn't you call me or something!?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't think it was necessary"
"You didn't think it was necessary? What if something had happened to you? I would have felt terrible" she's freaking out. I walked towards her and hugged her.
"There's nothing to worry about, okay?"
"That does not make everything right, Richard"
"I'm a grown man, Keji. I just felt there was no need"
"Okay, grown man, I'll just stay somewhere else so I'll not have to worry, how do you expect me not to be uneasy when I can't contact you?"
"How did this move to leaving the house?"
"You don't get it" a single tear fell from her eyes and I felt dispirited.

"Hey hey.... I'm so sorry, I'm not thinking properly. I'll call when something comes up, I promise. Keji, please just don't cry and don't leave, please"
"I might still have to leave one day" what's going on? We've been in this relationship for three days, come on.
"Why do you want to leave?" I sounded breathless.
"I don't mean the relationship, I mean the house"
"Why? Is it because of what just happened? I swear, it will never happen ever again"
"No, I have a chance to be independent and I want to use that chance. I want to achieve something, live on my own and not feel I'm depending on anyone"
"You're not"

"I want to get my own money and not off your hands"
"And you have to leave to do that?" I don't understand.
"Yes, I'll always come visit and we'll call each other regularly. Besides, I don't have a place yet. I'll just look for a job at a restaurant or I'll just learn a skill"
"Keji, I don't know"
"Richard, ah ah stop being a baby joorh"
"But I'm your baby" I whispered in her eyes and I felt her shiver.
"I'll serve your food, it's ready"
"But I'm staring at my food right now" she blushed.

We ate a meal of fried plantains and eggs.
Delicious as always.
I just want to stay here with her but I have to go check on the project.

"Baby, I'm going to check on the project"
"Okay, when will I come with you to check?"
"Whenever you want"
I realized she wears most of the things I bought for her now so I need to buy more things.
I got ready and went to meet Charles Darlington, my colleague that arrived yesterday then we went to check the project.

Morenikeji's POV

I really wanted to stay mad at him but I couldn't think straight to do that. I just hope this doesn't become a habit.
I don't want to be like my mum.
Thinking and worrying so much.
I showered, dressed in a white chiffon blouse and black trousers with white flats. I grabbed my purse and went in search for a job. Of course, my bodyguard had to follow me and I think I need to get rid of him to be able to get a job.
I went to five different restaurants and was turned down by all. I reached the house at seven o'clock in the night and Richard was not yet home.

I made Indomie noodles and sardine. It's still early and he said he said he'll call, so why worry?
   My phone rang drawing me out of my thoughts. I silently thanked God he called but it was not his number.

"He... hello"
"Richard is dead, come and see his body at the incomplete building just after Ikorodu market, come alone" it was a male voice.
My whole world crashed right before my eyes and I fainted.

Abeg, who saw that coming?😲. I posted that video just because I can lol. Check it out, the jam is fire 🔥.
Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share 🙏. Love you all.