Chapter five

Hi lovelies,
So I've been away and I'm so sorry I really need your support in this 😥🥺🤧. Please please please vote and comment 🙏😘❣️❣️.

  I didn't like this idea at all but mum wouldn't listen. I know she doesn't like the man but why was she marrying him? Well, what do I know? I'm just seven years old by the way, I don't know anything about adult stuff.
  I woke up the next day which was Friday, I wanted to get ready for school when mum called me from the kitchen
"Keji, come and sit down, I have something to tell you" she said. What was she going to say again? I went there still with some drool on my face and in my purple pyjamas.
"Keji, I.... I know you won't understand but everything I'm doing is because I love you. Well, the reason why I called you is to tell you that the wedding will be next week Friday"
The wedding was already too much but in a week? Why was she rushing it?
"Why so early? Mummy, please think this through" I begged. I could see sadness in her eyes.
"Morenikeji, just don't make this hard for me and at least be happy for me"
Wait, she wanted me to be happy?
I'm anything but happy. I don't know what would happen to me and I should be happy?
"No mum, I will not be happy, I know I have no choice but to agree with you but I can't fake a smile and look pretty for your wedding....."
"You're not going, it's a court wedding with a few witnesses and adults, I mean" she cut in
"Fine, I didn't want to go anyway" I said and stormed off to the room.
Way to start a morning.
I'm confused, am I just being selfish? I can see she's not happy but she wants me to be happy. I shoved the thought off and had a shower, dressed in my uniform, had breakfast and then, I went off to school.
I doubt anyone could possibly piss me off much more than I was right now. I got to school late and was punished by cutting a potion of grass, I didn't even care. My attention span was so low today. I wasn't noticed until mathematics class.
"Morenikeji, come and solve this problem on the board" the teacher, Mr Fidel said. I blinked numerous times before standing up nervously especially when I picked the board marker knowing fully well I had no clue on how to solve it.
It was a BODMAS question with fractions. I was good at solving those kind of questions but today was different. I dropped the marker and turned to Mr Fidel.
"I can't do it" I said and was asked to kneel down in front of the whole class. I had more pending issues to worry about like how my life would change one week from now.
My friends Princess and Esther even tried to distract me from my thoughts but it didn't work.
I know I wasn't meant to be scared but there was a strange feeling I had that from then, my life would not remain the same again.

Another one 😩 I know short and boring but it gets better.
So Morenikeji is so scared why?🥺😪. Tell me what you think.
See ya❤️