Chapter twenty-five

Morenikeji's POV

I've been in my room since Tayo left the house. Julie fooled me, she's a monster. Tayo kept everything from me. I'm angry with myself, I just want to disappear right now.
No, I want to face Julie, that's what I will do.

  I wore a blue knee-length dress and sandals and left my room.

"Hey, where are you going?" Richard asked.
"Out"
"You're not going to Julie's place, are you?"
"You can't tell me where to go"
"When you're not thinking properly I can. Keji, you just walk into her arms so she can finish you off? You were safer with her when you didn't know the truth, not anymore" he replied. Damn, he's always right.
"Richard, what do I do now?"
"Leave that to me, you can go to your room, take a long shower, if you want to eat out then we'll do that, whatever you want"

"Why do you have to be so perfect?" I asked. He really is perfect.
"I'm not perfect"
"You are, don't argue with me"
"Okay, I'm the most perfect person for Morenikeji"
"Richard, I want to be your girlfriend" I've wanted this for quite sometime now.
"What?" He sounded stunned.
"I mean I want to be your girlfriend. Now shut up and kiss me" wow, Keji.
"Feisty, I like"

This kiss was different because I wasn't restraining myself from him. This is what I want.

"Let's go out"
"Richard, I just want to stay in your arms and think,cry, sleep"
"Okay, whatever you want, my love. I love you" no matter how much he says it, I don't still no how to respond.
"Hey, I told you to stop overthinking it because I'm still gonna blow your mind. Meanwhile, you should find a sweet name for me"
"I will" I replied, smiling.
We stayed on the couch until I feel asleep in his arms.

Richard's POV

I have to be dreaming, I mentally pat myself on the back. I'm dating Keji, she's my girl now. I know I'm smiling like an idiot leaning on the kitchen counter top.

My phone rings snapping me out of my daydream.
"Adamu, how far?"
"I'm good, we've found a very good lawyer, we have evidence against Julie but we can't file a case against her for the murder of her husband. Keji will be the one filing the case. When do we meet with Keji, the lawyer and the witness?"
"Thanks man, we'll do that on Monday, I don't have work until Tuesday so on Monday. I don't know how we'll get evidence against Julie for her husband's murder but let's get this first. I'll need security for Keji and the witness and her family, a lot of security. Julie is capable of anything"
"Richard, please focus on the company too. You have so much work to do, you know that right? You know how your dad can be"

"I know, he's my dad and I'm trying to balance this whole thing. I never thought I would fall in love when I planned to come here"
"This dude is whipped" he's laughing.
"Shut up and she's officially my girlfriend. When will you stop being single?"
"Not soon" he replied.
"Man whore" I laughed.
"Richard, what has this girl done to you? No more whores for you"
"Bye, dude"
"Byee" he replied and ended the call.

"Hey"
"There's my baby, hope you slept well"
"Yes I did. I feel like playing some music"
"Okay, let me connect the Bluetooth speaker for you"
The song started playing.

"I like it. What's the name?" I asked.
"French Kiss by Tegastarr and Mr Eazi"
"French Kiss, huh?". I smirked
"Shut up" she playfully swatted my arm
"Hey, I want us to discuss something but not today, let's enjoy this moment"
The court discussion can wait, now I'm watching her dance and I'm impressed. She can dance and I'm smiling like an idiot again.

Sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed it, please vote, comment and share 🙏.