Chapter twenty-three

Morenikeji's POV

"What?" I heard him but he can't be serious.
"I want you to be my girlfriend"
"But it's too early"
"Okay, what do you want to know about me?" He's saying it like it's that simple.
"It's not that easy, Richard. Are you going back to Canada?" He folded his arms and his jaw clenched.
"Yeah and you can come with me"
"I'm not coming with you, your life is not as hard as mine, you have everything and I have nothing"
"Keji, if I don't have you then I have nothing. If we can't go back together then I'll stay here. Keji, I'll stay with you" he can't be saying this "please, think about this at least"
"Okay because I know you'll stop at nothing" I replied.
"Thank you" a wide grin was spread on his face. "Can I get a kiss?"
"No, we are not dating" I chuckled.
"We weren't dating ten minutes ago" he pouted.

I kissed him again. No matter how many times we kiss, the next feels better than the last. This kiss was long, the only reason we stopped was because we were out of breath.

"You're a good kisser, how many times have you done it?" I immediately regretted it. He sensed my mood, he always does.
"Look at you, you are quite the kisser for a first timer" he continued " you said love does not exist, I'll show you it does, I love you, Keji" those three words, I've only heard them from my mother and in movies. I'm not sure how to respond.

"Relax, you don't have to say it back. I'll keep saying it until you believe it".
"I know you are just giving me reasons to say yes to you but I'll go with it" he laughed, like a real, loud laugh.
"Seriously though, I love you. Let's go and eat out. Do some make up too" he said smirking.
"It's either you stop mocking or I'll say no"
He dramatically zipped his mouth. I went inside and quickly dressed into a white long sleeve lace dress. It's kind of short but I don't want to overthink it.

 It's kind of short but I don't want to overthink it

Richard's POV

When I heard the door of her bedroom closed, I decided to call Tayo. She picked after the second ring.

"Hello, who's this?", She said.
"Good afternoon to you too" I replied with sarcasm.
"Sorry, good afternoon. Who's this?"
"My name is Richard. I'm with Keji. I need your help"
"Oh my God, how is my girl? That one can not even call somebody"
"She's fine, she just got your number. Uhm, I want to find out what you know about her stepmother" I heard a sharp intake of breath from the other end.
"What about her?" She asked.
"Did she kill Keji's mother?"
"I don't know" she replied but it was too fast like she was scared.

I heard Keji's bedroom door open.
"I don't believe you but we'll talk about this later. I have to go" I replied.

"Is there a problem?" Keji asked.
"It's about our project" I lied "but it can wait so let's go and eat"

Morenikeji's POV

  The restaurant was fancy but it gave a homely feeling. We sat on a table and the waiter approached us. We both ordered fried rice and chicken with orange juice.
We spoke at least he did most of it. He told me about his father's company, his parents and sister. They are very lovely people I hope they'll like me too. Who am I kidding? I want to be with him, I like him but I doubt it will last.

"I need to use the restroom" he said and walked to the restroom.
His phone started ringing. I wasn't sure if I should pick or not but I did. It's someone named Kelvin. I picked.

"Okay, I'll tell you what I know but who told you I knew about it?" The person said, wait it's a female's voice. I know that voice.
"Tayo"I replied. What's going on?
I ended the call and looked up to see Richard in front of me. The frown on my face told him he had some explaining to do.

Please please please vote, comment and share 🙏 🙏.