Chapter sixteen

Morenikeji's POV

"Keji, so you just left that guy like that" Sandra said. She's a maid just like me and Rose.

"She thanked him then she left him. Would you prefer she'd cleaned his house or rather his shoe to thank him?" Rose replied.

  Rose is the logical one while Sandra wants to have fun even when she can't get it from anywhere.

"Na wa oh, did I say that? But she told him to leave her alone" Sandra said.

"I was rushing now, abeg let's change topic" I replied. I'm getting tired of this man creeping into my thoughts and discussions. That is the last thing I want.

"Continue picking the beans before your madam comes back" I told Sandra. She was doing her chores but here she is because she loves gossip more than anything.

"Abeg, she's not coming soon. She left to the mainland. I can't believe we live at this famous island oh, forget we are maids, babes, look at this place now" Sandra said.

"Keji, what were you even doing at Surulere sef? Rose asked.

"The twins shopped online and I don't know why they had it delivered there so I had to get the things then I went to Yaba to meet their aunt and collect the clothes she made for them" I replied.

"And they couldn't do it themselves?" Rose asked.

"Do they ever do anything, yeye children" Sandra spoke before I could answer.

"Abeg, let me go oh before I enter trouble" I said.

We said our goodbyes and hugged one another. They are all I've got as friends.

  Luckily for me, Julie is not around so I went to my room and took a novel and dictionary to read.
Reading helps me escape from the sadness of the real world but it also makes me see that people suffer these things but they escape it somehow. Why can't I?
  I know you're wondering how I can read when I did not finish school. Well, I love reading and looking up words in the dictionary then I just go to Tayo, a maid who is paid on like me, I go to her phone when she gives me and search for the pronunciation of these words.

"'She thinks we are unequal but I have to show her how equal we both are' Mark said" from the novel Uncommon Pride.

"Morenikeji" Julie calls stopping me from continuing the novel.

There goes my luck.

"Yes ma, I'm coming"I replied running to the door.
"Go to the supermarket and get these things on this list, hurry up" she hands me the list.

I head straight to the supermarket.

How many creams are in this list? Just lotions and creams and a few perfumes.
She's buying all these things when she never let's me buy any for myself. I just have to sneak in her room to get her soaps and creams when they are small for her to use. I can't even ask for deodorant so I just beg Tayo who buys it sometimes she even buys other cosmetics for me without thinking twice. I love Tayo, she's amazing.

  I finished getting everything on the list, paid, got it packaged and went back home. I took it to her and was asked to join Abiodun in the kitchen. She doesn't like me so she gives me more work unlike Tayo who excuses me from work sometimes.

We prepared dinner of fried rice and chicken. I'm glad we made ours too when sometimes Julie comes in and measures the amount of food to cook excluding us.
I went to serve the food on the table which is a section close to the sitting room but I stop dead in my tracks. He's here. The white guy from that day came here but for what?

"Hi" he said smiling while Julie stood there glaring at me. Nothing told me I was done for. Her eyes said enough.

Here's another update for you. Please vote, comment and share 🙏 🙏🙏

Yet another Cinderella (Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें