Chapter seventeen

Morenikeji's POV

  I stood there for God knows how long, not uttering a word. I just stood there and blinked repeatedly.

As if on queue, the twins came downstairs and Katherine pushes me causing me to let go of the tray of food I was holding and it crashes to the floor spilling it's content and breaking the plate in it.

"Oh sorry" she said with an unapologetic smile.
The guy walked closer to me but was stopped by Kate stopped him. She walked over to him to flirt.

"Uhm, hey" he says while scratching the back of his neck.
"Hi, I'm Kate so what brings you here?" She asked
"I... I" he looked up at me again, he doesn't just get it. I'm screwed. I miss the days when the twins cared at least I wouldn't be in trouble but their mother turned them to the witches they are now.

  I took the metal tray and the large pieces of the broken plate to the kitchen.
"You stupid girl, where have you?" Abiodun's eyes widen at the sight of the mess in front of her. "You did this? Now we'll have to give up the food left for us. Thank you" she walked out through the back door.

I went back to clean the mess to find him on the dinning table with the rest of the family. Immediately he sees me, he stands up and walk over to me.

"Sorry about that, I'll help you with that then you can join us on the table" he said, smiling.
"No, thank you I already ate and I can help myself" I made sure it came out rude.
"Okay, you don't have to be rude" he said and walked back to the table.

  I served dinner without glancing at him. The food I was hoping to eat finished so I just searched the fridge for some leftover food. Luckily, I found some yam porridge enough for me and Abiodun. I microwaved it, ate it and called Abiodun to eat.

I headed to my room. I felt his eyes on me while went to the stairs even though the twins tried to distract him.
I laid on my bed knowing the night is not over yet.
I just know Julie would come back with a belt in one hand and a bucket of water in the other. She came just like I said she would and flogged me with the belt while pouring water on me. I screamed so bad but nothing stopped her. She kept going on and on. She will never get tired of this.

"From now on, you will not step out of this house, all the duties of the indoor staff would be handed over to you and Richard will not see you again" she said panting frantically.

"Too late, I've seen her again. You are a monster, just look at her body" he is in this room and I can't help the relief that floods through me even though I don't know him. I didn't even see or hear when the door opened.

"No no she... she has been very stubborn and I... I couldn't control myself" she stuttered.

"Is she your daughter?" He asked. I don't know what what will happen after this night.

"Yes, she is" she lies and I'm glad he doesn't look like he believes her one bit.

"You're lying, she is leaving your house this instant" he looked at me "pack your things, you're leaving" I gladly obliged. I don't know him but I want get as far away from her as possible.

"You can not come into my house and do whatever you like" she retorts

"Either you let her go or you rot in jail and don't bother about bribing anyone because I have a shit load of money for that" he smiled at her. She looks at me and cries.
Really?
Cry?
That's all you could come up with.

"Please don't go, my little Keji, don't go" she begs.
Okay now, I'm confused.
She tries to hold me but I retract my hand.
I get my things, fortunately for me, I have few things so I packed fast.

He held my elbow careful not to touch the swollen parts of my hand earned from the beating while he carried my bag.

I hear the batters between the twins and their mother.
"I thought he left" Katherine says
"I thought so too" Julie replied.

  We walked out through the front door and climbed into the back seat of his car. I only wish I could tell my friends goodbye and Tayo. I'll miss them but I hope I see them again.
I leaned into the window feeling his eyes still on me and I drifted off to sleep not knowing what to expect.

Please support ya girl by voting, commenting and sharing 😁