Chapter eighteen

Richard's POV

Poor girl.
I have to get help for her because I'll be back in Canada in two weeks.

"Hey" I say, lightly pushing her shoulder to wake her up.

"Where are we?"

"Far from her" I replied "let's go inside so you can get some sleep, it's been a long night" she nodded.

"Thank you, tomorrow I'll look for somewhere to go" she said while we stepped out of the car and into the house.

"No, you'll stay here"

"I don't want to be onerous to you"

"Stay please" I begged "I don't know what you are scared of but I assure you, nothing will happen, you have my word for it"

"Okay but I'll clean" she replied

"I'll pay you" she tried to object but I glared at her shutting her up.

I showed her the room she'll be staying.
The house been a bungalow has three big bedrooms, a living room and a moderately sized kitchen.

"Goodnight" I said and closed the door just to hear the clicking of keys. I chuckled.

  I really need to call my dad. Knowing Mr Caleb McDougal, he would want me back soon. I went to my room and turned on the lights.
Five minutes later, I'm with my laptop on a video call with my dad who called for my mum and sister to join him.

"Heyyyy, I miss you guys"
"I miss you more, son" my mum said.
"I don't" Theresa, my sister said but her smile says otherwise.
"Anyway, how is Nigeria?" Mum asked
"Good, very good. You should come sometime, I've gone to the supermarkets, a club and the movies too, the people are amazing, they don't sleep. It's night here but it's like day because of the cars outside and the many businesses that are still open"
"Wow, so so you think the company can survive there, if we extend it? My dad asked.
"Yeah, I'm positive it will" I replied "I've been meaning to ask you if I could stay here for two more weeks" I said raking my hands through my hair.
"Why?" They all asked like I said I was going to murder myself.
"I just want to stay, that's all" I shrugged my shoulders.
"What's going on?" My mum asked.
"Nothing really, I'm tired, I need to get some sleep"

We said our goodbyes and I went to bed.

  I woke up to a delicious aroma from the kitchen. I followed it to the kitchen and stood by the door.
Okay, I'm staring at her. She's wearing a really long night gown covering every part of her body except her hand, neck and head.
She's cute.

"Good morning" I gave her a wide grin.
"Good morning" she replied with a grin not as wide as mine.
"How are you feeling? What's for breakfast? I asked.
"I'm fine. Fried eggs and bread, there's this soft bread I got from the nearby store, you will love it"
I furrowed my brows. It's seven o'clock in the morning when did she even wake up?

"Scrambled eggs or fried?" I stood up and walked to frying pan.
"Fried, see, it has tomato, onions, pepper. Do you take tea? Stop looking at me like that" she caught me staring. I've been doing that lately.
"I've never tasted it before but it smells delicious and yes, I take tea with cream and no sugar, please." I continued "uhm, what if I don't want to stop looking at you like this" she gulped.
"I'm joking, chill out. How about you tell me more about you over breakfast?" I suggested
"I don't know if you would like to hear it"
"Try me" I know I said I need to get help for her but honestly, I want to be the one to do it.
"I rather not talk about it" she replied and I nodded, I'm not going to push it. So we just ate breakfast in an awkward silence.

"Breakfast was really delicious" I said.
"Thank you"
"I wish I could stay but I have to go for a business meeting so make yourself at home and please don't leave"
"I won't" she smiled a genuine smile and I know I look like a giddy teenager.
Richard, you're twenty four, why are you so giddy. I mentally scold myself.
"And when I get back which I hope it won't be long, we'll go shopping"
"But...." I cut in
"Ah ah, no buts"

I got back to my room, showered, dressed up and went back to her in the living room.

"I'm going, take care. Bye"
"Bye" she replied.

I climbed into the car wishing I was still with her.
This can't be love, is it? No, it can't be.
I hope. I'm not ready for it.

Hi lovelies, another chapter is out. Please vote, comment and share 🙏🙏.