Chapter twenty-four

Richard's POV

  Why did she have to call now?
I don't like the way Keji is looking at me.

"Uhm, Keji...." She stood up.
"What's going on?"
"Let's go outside" I replied and she nodded.
I paid the bill for the food and we walked to the car in silence. I drove here laying Rashidi off duty. I opened the passenger door for to climb in but she didn't.

"Keji, come on"
"I'm not going back until you tell me why you called Tayo" she folded her arms.
"Okay, at least climb in"
"No"
"Look, I called Tayo because I needed to find if my suspicions about Julie were true" I replied and she unfolded her arms.
"I thought I told you to drop it!" She shouted at me. I'm trying to help her and she's shouting.
"What is wrong with you? You're so unsuspecting. Not everyone is innocent as you are" I replied but she didn't respond.

"Keji" no response. "Morenikeji, answer me". Nothing.
"Let's go home"
"That's not my home" she replied. Ouch.
"Keji, I'm trying to help you here"
"I don't need your help"
"Will you stop being stubborn!? She looked dumbstruck.
"Please tell me why you can't believe she did it"
"Because she is not a murderer, I just know it" she replied quietly.
"That's for me to find out, let's go"

I climbed into the driver seat just to see her still outside. I came down, took her by the hand and walked to her seat then closed the door and went to start the car. The drive back home was quiet and so was the rest of the evening.

  The next day, I went to one of the meetings I came for. Keji and I only spoke a few words and it was killing me but she agreed to let Tayo talk to me about Julie. So I'm going to see Tayo in the house soon.
  It has been agreed that the new project should be here and I gladly agreed to supervise it that means I get to stay here longer.

Tayo should be around by now. I enter the house and see her sitting with Keji laughing and talking. Tayo is not working today.
I greeted her and Keji. Keji gave me a small smile and left to her bedroom.

"She has told me a lot about you, Richard. You're a good person and I know you like her. I want the best for her and I'm not talking about financially but emotionally and mentally too" she said.
"That's what I want that is why I want to get justice for her, I love her. She has told me a lot about you too by the way"
"How did you know I'll have the answer to what you are looking for"
"I just figured you would because of the sudden love she got from you immediately after her mum's death. See I hoped you knew and you do know. 
To be honest, I am happy I didn't go through so much stress to find out"

"She is dangerous. If she finds out what I'm doing, we're all in danger. I'm scared because Julie knows I know and I kept my mouth shut since I was twenty. But what she doesn't know is there's a video and I'll show you because I want my girl to be free of the demons chasing her"

"You'll stay here. Now I know she's dangerous, I'll try to protect myself, you, Keji and I know she's capable of bribing the judge but I'll present him with a bigger deal if it comes to that"I replied.
"I can't stay with you, I have kids and a husband"
"Okay, then I'll hire security agents. Please can I record whatever you want to tell me now? I want you to be a witness at the court"
She nodded and I opened the recorder app on my phone.

"It was on a Monday morning in the year 2005. Kate and Katherine, Julie's children had gone to school and I went into Kate's room to clean it up and when I finished, I stepped out but went back inside when I saw Julie standing behind Linda. It looked suspicious so I took my small Nokia phone and videoed it. I saw how she pushed Linda, I heard Linda scream then I hid the phone. I came out of the room and she threatened me that she would do the same to me if I didn't keep my mouth shut, she left the stairs immediately Linda screamed so nobody suspected anything. I kept this secret for thirteen years" Tayo finished.

We were both too occupied to notice Keji standing behind Tayo. I looked up and saw then Tayo turned and went to hug her but Keji pushed her away. Tears were flowing down her eyes and it broke my heart.

"I'm sorry I kept this from you but I had to, not anymore because we'll win this case. Keji, Julie killed Linda" Tayo said.

Please vote, share and comment. Abeg, please.🙏 Na beg I dey beg o lol.