Chapter thirty

Morenikeji's POV

"The bullet has been removed from his thigh. Thankfully, the ambulance arrived early so there was no serious damage done" Dr Yahaya said. He has been monitoring Richard's condition for the past two days.
We all nodded and by we I mean Mr McDougal, Adamu and I. Rashidi and Tayo came but they left. His mother and sister have also been keeping tabs on his condition.
I know he will not agree with the fact that his family were involved in this but they had to be involved.

We were all in his ward waiting for when he would wake up. I sat on the chair beside his bed while his father and Adamu were sitting on the chairs by the wall away from his bed.

"Julie lost a lot of blood and contacted a minor infection while those kidnappers have been handed over to the police.
Apparently, they have been doing this for years, the police have found names of people who were kidnapped or killed and they have worked abroad too. I don't know how they managed to do that but the police just found this out and it could be to our advantage.
Meanwhile, Julie may need some blood donation" Adamu finished, he is really helpful.

"Does she have children to donate blood for her?" Mr McDougal asked.
"They have the same blood type as their late father"
"What is her blood type?" I asked. I don't even know mine.
"Type B positive and the hospital she is admitted in does not have it. What is yours?" Adamu asked me.
"I don't know"
"You don't know?" Mr McDougal was surprised.
"I never thought about it until now" I replied feeling a little embarrassed. There are quite a number of things I need to know.

"Keji, don't overthink it. We'll go over there, check and if it is compatible, will you donate your blood? Adamu looked thoughtful and concerned. If he wasn't here, I don't know how I would have stayed this long with Mr McDougal.
"Yes, sure"
"Okay great, I hope it is compatible before it's too late"
"Let's hurry up and go then"I replied standing up.
"Sir, please if he wakes up let us know" Adamu said to Mr McDougal and he nodded.

We arrived at St Peter's hospital where she was admitted. I even saw Katherine and Kate giving me hateful glares which I tried hard to ignore.

  Fortunately, we have the same blood type so I donated a pint of blood, I rested a little because I felt dizzy then we went back to Maryland hospital.

Richard had not yet woken up while Mr McDougal and Adamu decided to go home and rest, they suggested I went but I wanted to see Richard when he wakes up.
I moved my chair closer to his bed laying my head on the small space near his pale body.

"Richard, I am so sorry for everything, it's all my fault. I hope you wake up soon. I'm sorry that I never told you I love you. I didn't show you the love you deserve. You gave me what I didn't deserve and I couldn't give you what you deserve. I'm sorry for everything I have caused you since I came into your life" tears were flowing aimlessly from my eyes and I didn't bother to wipe them away.

"You don't know how happy I am to hear you say you love me" Richard. He's awake although his eyes are still trying to adjust to the light and his voice is strident due to his parched throat.

"Here, have some water" I handed him a bottle of water which he finished in less than a minute.
"How are you feeling?" I asked
"Better, now that I can see you" I blushed and I could see a faint blush on his pale face.
"So about what you said, you should not be sorry for anything. I'll do what I did over and over again just to show you how much I love you" he said after the blushing incident.
"You don't have to do it again though. Richard, I always knew you loved me, it was just hard for me to believe"

"Keji, tell me you love me"
"I love you, Richard. I love you so so much"
"I love you more, Keji. You're beautiful without even trying, that's rare. You're rare" he said with so much sincerity in his eyes, tears threatened to escape from my eyes again. What did I do to deserve him?

"What about Julie?"
"Way to ruin the moment, Richard" he laughed.
"Sorry"
"We'll discuss that later. I need to tell your father and Adamu that you're awake. Tayo and Rashidi too, they came once"
"My dad is here?"
"Yes, he is" he groaned.
"I would have argued but I don't have strength for that. You look tired, come here" he tapped the space of the bed his body was not occupying for me.
"No, I'll just sit here"
"I insist, you can call them when you wake up, get some rest"
"Okay" I obliged and laid beside him while he stroke my hair softly till I feel asleep.

Our prince charming is awake 🥳💃💃. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. The book is slowly coming to an end. Please vote, comment and share 🙏 🙏. Thank you for your support.