Chapter ten

Hiiiii lovelies, how are we? Another update is up🥳🥳. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share 🙏 you'll be putting a smile on my face.

Enjoy this chapter.

Julie's POV

I ran downstairs immediately I heard the little brat's earpiercing scream.

"Oh God, what happened to her? Somebody call 911!" I yelled at the servants.
Ah, the woman wasn't even used to stairs. Where did Jeremiah get her from?

"Ma'am, the ambulance is on its way" one of the servants, I think her name was Tayo said.

I just looked at the brat beside me crying her eyes out. I felt sorry for her, oh wait, why should I?
Her mum and her stole my husband from me. I was certain that it was pity that made Jeremiah marry this woman.

I huffed and then, I had to pretend I felt bad. I even scrunched down and pulled the brat to me but she pushed me away.

Idiot

The ambulance arrived quicker than I thought, they took her to the hospital and I followed. Shortly after, the police arrived.

"She... She was like a best friend to me" I said crying or would I say acting.
I didn't want to raise any suspicion even though I told them that she could have missed a step or two and slipped besides I doubt the police would find any evidence to prove she could have been pushed.

Linda was put on oxygen in the ambulance. We arrived at the hospital and she was rushed to an emergency ward.

I stepped out of Linda's ward to make a call. It was a private hospital so I didn't think those mompara nurses would behave the way some of them in general hospitals behaved, gossiping and lying but here they were doing the same thing instead of working.

"Stella, you know say one of the patients wey been dey ward 3 piss for bed , old man like this. Na so Dr. Femi talk say make I clean am, I did o but I talk say make they no give him food for sometime, make hunger catch am small, nincompoop" a nurse with an usually flat face said with an evil smirk on her lips.

I couldn't believe my ears. An old man, well, that wasn't my business I wanted to keep tabs on the police but these nurses were snooping around here so I went a little farther from them and made a call to one of the staff at the house.

"Hello, who be this?" Abiodun, one of the cleaners said
"Abiodun, have the police gone?"I replied.
"Madam , yes...yes, they done go"
"And what did they say?"
"They no know wetin happen o, they talk say maybe the woman just fall by mistake"
"Okay" I said and ended the call.

Let's just hope Linda never wakes up. I smiled to myself.

Chapter ten done🤝. Please vote and comment, share if you can. I love you.