Chapter nineteen

Morenikeji's POV.

  He has been gone for two hours and I've cleaned the house twice even though it didn't need much cleaning.
I don't even know his name and I think he doesn't know mine too.

I've never had this much time to myself and now I do, I don't know what to do with it.
I've completed all the novels I have and there's nothing to watch on this big TV.

After pacing around the house again and finding nothing to do, I walked outside and sat down in front of the house.
I have so many questions to ask him but I don't want to feel too comfortable with him.

  Soon, the automatic gate opened and his car drove into the driveway.
He came out and sat beside me.
Too close.
I moved to create some space between us. He chuckled.

"So why are you outside, uhm, sorry your name?" He asked.
"Morenikeji but you can call me Keji. What's yours?"
"Richard. So how do I spell the name? Like K and G right?"
"What? No, K,E,J,I why would you even spell it like K and G?"
"It's the same pronunciation, see K.G, what is the meaning of mo..mo, please pronounce it"
"Mo-re-ni-ke-ji" I said it stressing all the syllables.
"Morenikeji, what's the meaning?" He asked.
"It means I have found one to pamper or cherish" I replied.
"Hmmm, your name speaks for you, you know because right now, I'm going to take you shopping and you will be pampered" he nudged my shoulder.
"Why are you outside though?"
"I was bored" I replied.
"And you didn't call me? I was at that boring ass meeting but what can I do when my dad is the CEO or rather, the owner of the company?"
"I don't have a phone and wait, your father owns a company? Wow, what's the name?"

"Ric & Tee's limited. It's a recreation company and we plan to get a branch here for both kids and adults alike. When it's done, I'll take you there.
Anyway, go change while I wait here".

I looked down at my outfit, what's wrong with it? I don't have anything to wear.
"Or we can just go" he said sensing my discomfort.
I'm wearing a long plaid skirt with a T-shirt and black flip flops.

"Hey" he touched my shoulder "your outfit is okay, stop overthinking it, okay?" He held my chin moving my head to face him and at that moment, I felt safe somehow.
"Okay" I smiled at him. He held the back passenger's door open for me and entered the car after me.

"Why are you helping me?" I said my thoughts aloud.
"Because I want to, is that wrong?" He asked.
"No, it's not" and silence filled the car while the driver drove.

  Twenty minutes later, we were at the The City Mall.

He took me to the clothing section and chose what I would get because I couldn't choose for myself.

Next, he took me to the shoes section.
"I can't walk in high heels"
"You'll learn, I'll get you a tutor"
"But..."
"Shh, pick the gold, silver and black heels and try them"
I reluctantly agreed and tried them on. They fit perfectly. He bought some snickers, flip flops, sandals and slippers too. He chose all of them.

Then, we went to the make up section after he took the bags to the car.

"I don't know a thing about make up"
"That's alright, there's a make up artist in there"

The make up artist picked everything I would possibly need for both heavy and light make up.

"You can watch make up videos on YouTube and that takes us to the phone section" he said.

"But...."

"Let's go, iPhone might be too complicated for you if not, I don't mind buying it. Oh, wait that's what I use, I'll teach you. Let's get you an iPhone"

"It's too expensive" I replied knowing how expensive these phones are.

"That's not a problem"

He bought a black iPhone X for me together with a phone case.
I couldn't stop admiring it.
He bought cosmetics too.

  After a very long time in the mall, we went back to his house at seven o'clock. I got a minimum of fifteen clothes, three high heels, five sandals, three flip flops, three slippers, different types of make up, soaps, lotions, two very expensive perfumes and an iPhone and it's case. It took me a moment to realise he didn't buy anything for himself.

"You didn't get anything for yourself"
"I don't need anything" he replied even though I doubt it's true.
I was too overwhelmed by his kindness and I hugged him. He doesn't even know me and he's giving me all these things.

"Thank you so much, I don't know how I'll ever repay you" I didn't even realise I was crying until it reached his shirt.
"How about you stop crying and make dinner?"
"Okay" I laughed and turned to go to his kitchen when I felt his hand on mine. We walked to the kitchen together and while I searched for what to cook, he let go of my hand and I was strangely missing his hand there but his eyes were on me. He looked at me with so much adoration, it scared me because nothing good ever lasts long for me.

New update out now. Please vote, comment and share 🙏.