Chapter twenty-eight

Richard's POV

  The large muscular man who brought me here removed the duct tape he used to cover my mouth.

"Why did you tell her that?"
"So that she will come here faster. Now shut up"

I wouldn't have shut up but he has a gun so I just zipped it. I hope Keji doesn't come and Rashidi gets help.

So apparently, after work I was on my way home with Rashidi driving when he noticed the kidnappers following us and I asked him to leave the car, he tried to protest but I ordered him to do it. I told him to hide and if possible, get a video or a picture something that would be able to find me. Four bulky men entered the car and one of them pointed a gun at me and told me to shut up.

I know I was foolish but I needed evidence and at least, they didn't kill me.
Thank God. I haven't eaten or moved from this chair they tied me to for four hours. I swear I have butt sore.

Morenikeji's POV

  I found myself on the floor and I tried to figure out how I got there then it all came back, the call, the news, the sadness and emptiness.

Richard. No.

  I know it happened because of me and I'll never forgive myself for this.
Whenever I love someone, they die.

"I think I'm cursed" I said aloud. Tears streamed down my eyes and I didn't try to stop it. I never got the chance to tell him I loved him. He made me happy and strong but now, I'm hopeless.

I called Tayo and told her what happened.
"You're not going alone, are you?"
"I have to"
"No, you don't"
"What should I do? I don't know what these people want" I replied.
"This could be a trap, Keji. Ask Adamu if he knows anything. I'm not working with your stepmum anymore and I suspect that she has a hand in this"
"Tayo, I'm scared"
"I know but everything will be okay eventually"
"Good night, Tayo"
"Good night, Keji".
I ended the call. I know I should sleep but I can't, he is dead and I have a burning ache in my chest because of that. I want to cry and get out of here because it reminds me of how I destroyed his life. I called Adamu, thankfully, I got his number on Monday.

"Hello?"
"It's Keji"
"Oh hey, look Rashidi is here and we have some evidence even though we don't know if it's Julie that sent those guys"
" They called me to come and check his body"
"You're not going.  For all we know, Richard could still be alive. We have to brace ourselves for what might happen after today"
"You think he can still be alive?" I asked with a glint of hope in my words.

"Yes, it would be strange if they kept him alive but not impossible. We have contacted our security agents and they will be here in Nigeria early tomorrow morning. We had to ask his dad for help and he's worried right now. We know his plate number since they took him in his car, we can track him. We will contact the police hopefully, after the security agents would have caught them"

He paused and then continued,

"Keji, we hope everything goes as planned if not, we would not be able to think that he's alive so for now, pray that it goes well. You know, they might keep him to get information"
"About?"
"The case"
"Okay" I ended the call.
Adamu just gave me some hope that he could still be alive.

Richard's POV

I was woken up in the morning with a bucket of water splashed on my face.
"Wake up jare. Who tell you say you fit sleep?" The kidnapper who brought me here yesterday said.
"What?" My voice was hoarse because of the dryness of my throat.
"Madam wan see you"
"Madam?"
"Eh, she dey come"

As if on queue, Julie came into the small room with only one window that was not built completely. I knew she was the one behind this.

"So you thought you would outsmart me?"
"I know I will" I retorted.
"Shut up or I'll blow your head off"
"You want to keep me alive for something so you will not do that"
"But I can hurt you" she had a sly smile on her face and I gulped nervously.
"Now tell me who is helping you and where Keji is" She said.
"No"
"Beat him up" she said to the person who woke me up and he untied me, pushed me to the floor and kicked me multiple times on my stomach. I could feel bruises and it hurt so much, I even started coughing blood.

If I die today, I hope Keji knows I love her unfortunately, I can't get to her because they smashed it when they entered my car.
  One of the bulky men came in and whispered something in Julie's ear.
"What?! How is that even possible? I thought you and your men were good at this job" she said. She looks troubled and I hope it's a good thing on my part.

Please vote 🙏 comment🙏 share 🙏. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Catch ya next time.