Chapter two

I rushed to my mum's shop which was directly opposite our house to tell her what happened at school but what I saw broke my heart.

My dad was shouting at my mum in her shop with people watching and he didn't care at all. "Dad stop shouting at her" I yelled at him, I couldn't stop the tears in my eyes from flowing.

I knew they've fought so many times but I couldn't believe he could do this in public. It's like this family was a mistake.

"Don't yell at me, you disrespectful child. You are just like your mother" he replied and pushed me out of his way and left. I ran to hug my mum who was crying her eyes out on the floor. At least he didn't break anything like he always does when they fight.

I saw some of my classmates who stay nearby looking shocked and disappointed. Well, I don't blame them I was disappointed also. I knew the fights would not stop.

My dad would beat mum anytime he was angry and the neighbors would beg him to stop. I know I'm not big enough to understand some things but I know you have to care about someone to marry them and you don't do this to someone you care about or does it mean daddy doesn't care about mummy? Then why did he marry her? I don't understand.

I helped my mum lock her small shop and then we went home ignoring the stares of people. I even forgot how hungry I was until we came back home. Thank God, dad wasn't at home, I can't stand any argument again.

Mum stood up to cook but I stopped her. "Go and rest, I'll look for what to eat" I said, she nodded and went to the bedroom. I kept my bag on the stool in the kitchen and searched the cupboard for what I could get. We had some stew in the fridge and just two medium cups of rice which I cooked.

I ate my food and then I went to give mum hers, doubting she would be asleep. I was right, she was staring at the ceiling looking pale and I could tell she was still crying. I dropped the tray with the food on the bed, held her hand, and sat on the empty bedside table beside her.

I watched her in silence, I had so many questions in my head but I couldn't ask. Why does she allow this to happen every time? Why can't she take me with her and leave? But what do I know?

"Mummy, please eat, I hate seeing you like this, please eat" I begged but there was no response, she was still crying. She was wounded in and out. What if this happens to me too? I sighed and went to do my homework.

After two hours of trying to concentrate, fighting a really bad headache that I was having and doing homework, I slept but I made sure I checked on mum first. I saw her sleeping but her food was still untouched, it was cold I would warm it later on the fire. I took the food to the kitchen, covered it and went to the room to sleep beside mum.

I woke up at 7:30 PM. My eyes were still closed when I heard my dad apologizing to my mum in the room like he always does after they fight. "Linda, I'm sorry you know I didn't mean anything I said and did back there, I was angry at work and poured it out on you, Ifemi, ma Binu, jowo dariji mi, ehn please just forgive me" he said, I'm sure by now he was kneeling down and acting the same drama he always does "but you'll still do it again, ehn fun owo ma, please for this girl's sake, Ayomide let's try and stay together" my mum replied sounding really worried. So, she's going through this pain because of me. Soon they left, leaving me in the quiet and dark room.

How are you all doing today?
Linda's suffering so much isn't she?🤧😩.
I hope you loved it though 🥺🙂.
Please vote and comment🙏🙏.

Abeg, support ya girl❣️😘.