Chapter 30 Jackson

"Put it into reverse," I instruct Blondie. She's looking a little nervous which makes me 10x more nervous.

"I know how to drive," she argues back. I raise both my hands, letting go of the situation.

Her tiny hands put the car into reverse the car starts to roll backward. Blondie turns the wheel as slow as she can. I roll my eyes and grab the wheel, turning it faster. "Now put it into drive," I say extremely nervous.

Blondie follows my instructions and eases onto the gas pedal. As long as she stays in her lane I think we'll make it out with our lives. I slip a cigarette into my mouth and crack the window for the smoke to escape.

"You'll never let me try one will you?" Blondie asks, looking at me momentarily.

"Why should I?" I ask, shaking my head. I smoke because I'm addicted. I'm addicted to the calming sensation that rushes over me. I'm addicted to the taste. Why would you want to get yourself hooked?

"I just want to try," Blondie urges. I shake my head 'no' more sternly this time.

"Eyes back on the road before you kill us," I growl. Her blue eyes snap back to the road. Good girl.

After 15 minutes of Blondie taking wide turns and blowing stop signs, we finally make it to the destination. It's in the middle of the fucking woods?

"Blondie you're not going to murder me out here, are you?" I joke. It would make sense if she did want to kill me.

"No, silly. If I wanted to kill you I would have run us off the road a while ago," Blondie smiles at me. She's beyond beautiful.

Blondie pushes open her door and I follow her actions. The smell of pine needles swirls in the air. I almost feel relaxed. "Follow me," Blondie says and disappears into the trees.

I always liked the outdoors. When I was little, dad and I would take camping trips. We would fish, go hiking, and he would tell me scary stories around the campfire. I would lie and say I wasn't scared, but then I would lay my sleeping bag next to him at night.

Blondie stops walking and I look at her puzzled. Before I could walk further than her she pushes me back. "Be careful, if you fall there, you're dead." I look at the ground to find what she's talking about. There's a steep drop off and at the bottom is a river. Then it's a drop off on the other side. It's like a V in the ground. And the V goes on for miles.

It's quite amazing. I can't see the roots of trees and what lies beneath the soil. I gulp remembering when I almost just walked off the cliff. "This is my favorite spot. It's beautiful here and my thoughts seem more clear," Blondie says looking down the large trench. "When I die I want to be buried by a place like this. It just seems so peaceful. I mean, who wouldn't want to be laid to rest in an amazing place like this?" Blondie says looking up at the tall trees.

I stare at her like a stalker. Her blue eyes are filled with wonder and beauty. "If you walk any closer we might be planning your funeral for next week," I growl, pulling her away from the steep drop. She lets out a laugh. Her laugh sounds like a symphony.

Blondie stands incredibly close to me. I look down at her with my stone-cold expression. Trying to cover up my actual feelings. Her lips are plump as she licks them and her blue irises are wondrous.

I lean in, unable to hold back any longer. My eyes close as my lips make contact against hers. Blondie pushes her mouth against mine, but I ignore her need as I kiss her slowly. Her arms wrap around my neck and my hands cup her cheeks. A warm feeling wraps around me. I've never felt this before. Tingles dance all over my body as a fire erupts in my chest.