Chapter 19 Nadia

After a while of watching the movie, I finally turn to Jackson. His face is blank and a little sad. I wonder how his mom betrayed him. He's trying to act unaffected, but I can tell he's hiding it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask, clearing my throat. Jackson looks at me out of the corner of his eyes before nodding.

"Your mom lives with you?" He asks, glancing at me.

"No, she got remarried to Richard," I say slightly rolling my eyes. I hate Richard so I avoid him at all costs.

"Henry is your brother?" He asks as a statement.

"Yeah, Henry and Kimberly are my step-siblings and then Will is my half brother." I watch as Jackson's face pales. He looks ghostly.

"What?" I ask just as white as Jackson.

"Nothing," he answers gulping. Weird...

"Are you sure?" I ask trying to confirm. He nods before looking away from me.

"How did you know Henry is my stepbrother?" I ask going back to the conversation before he turned weird.

"He said something," he answers shortly.

"Do you have any siblings?" I ask switching my eyes and seeing that he's eyes are already latched onto mine.

"Yes, I have a little sister. Charlie..." He says with sparkles in his eyes and slight sadness.

"You must really love her," I say darting my eyes to the T.V. to take a little break from the intense staring contest.

"I do," he says clearing his throat and shifting uncomfortably.

"You must not say that a lot," I let a chuckle out. He keeps his emotions in a lot and only talks when spoken to. It doesn't surprise me if he doesn't say I love you to his family members often.

"No," he says sternly. Touchy subject maybe?

A loud thud crashes downstairs causing both me and Jackson to jump. After the thud, a loud laugher follows. Dad and Fred must be wasted.

I pull myself out of the bed without a second glance at Jackson. It embarrassing enough that my dad and Fred are drunk as hell, I don't want to see his facial expression. Then again Jackson doesn't really have any.

I skip most of the steps until I finally make it down the steps. Dad and Fred are both missing from their original seats on the couch. Laughter from Fred pulls me out of my search.

I dart my head towards the kitchen and spot them. Dad's on the ground with a scattered beer bottle and Fred is laughing his guts out.

"Dad are you okay?" I gasp and crouch down to his level. My eyebrows furrow in worry.

"I just lost my balance," he assures me and wobbly stands. My tiny hand grips his arm to steady him.

"He's alright Nad, he just had too much to drink," Fred laughs.

"This happens every night," I sigh. "God, do you not understand I have a friend over," I scold both of them.

"Chill out Nad," dad chuckles in my face. My face feels red hot from anger.

"Chill out? Grow up dad," I say pushing past them to get back up the stairs.

I rush into my room and close the door behind me. Jackson clears his throat, "You okay?"

"If you couldn't tell, my dad and Fred are drunk," I sigh and rub my temples. Since mom left dad he's been a mess. He drinks more than he should and loses his jobs.