Chapter 37 Jackson

"So... what happened?" I ask resting my back against my closet door. I watch Blondie shift nervously on my bed. "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to," I say swallowing hard. I want to know what happened between Blondie and her mom, but I don't wanna intrude.

"My step-sister, told my mom a whole bunch of rumors about you when she found out that we were dating. She doesn't approve and thinks she can make me change my mind," she says picking at her nails.

"Rumors?" I ask furrowing my brows. There's probably a lot of rumors floating around about me. Some are true, some aren't.

"Rumors about you drinking, doing drugs, having sex with a bunch of girls," Blondie says shrugging.

"Stepsister?" I ask gulping hard.

"Her names Kim, Kimberly." The words send goosebumps over my skin. The girl with the ponytail. At the party she... I had an inkling that Kim was Blondie's stepsister because I saw Kim with Henry, but I wasn't sure. I can't tell Nadia about Kim and me.

"Do you know her?" Blondie asks pulling me out of my hazy thoughts.

"I think she showed me to my class before," I say lying through my teeth. But the truth is I don't know Kim all that well, although she knows me well.

Blondie nods before continuing, "My mom always disagrees with everything I do, she'll get over it."

Normally I wouldn't care if their stepsisters, but right now I feel like the biggest asshole on the planet. I should've never even looked at Kim.

"Are you okay?" Blondie asks bringing me out of my worried mind. I nod, pushing myself off the closet and sitting next to Blondie. She turns to face me and I stare in awe. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Her eyes have the starry galaxy. And I'm one of the lucky to see it so close.

"Nadia I have to tell you something," I say with guilt running through my body. Nervousness pricks me and I feel sick.

"What?" She asks looking a little nervous herself.

My hands become clammy as I whip them on my jeans. "You have to promise to understand," I ask already setting myself up for failure.

"Umm, okay?" She says shifting uncomfortably.

"When I first moved here I met a girl... Kimberly. She was all over me and I ignored her. One night, at a party... Kimberly and I hooked up." I watch Blondie's face whiten then turn a shade of green. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea she was your step-sister. Please forgive me." I ask rushing the words out of my mouth.

Moments pass before she says anything. "I-I need to go," she says and shakily pushing herself off the bed.

"No, please Nadia. I had no idea. I'd never do anything like that," I plead with her, grabbing her wrist in hopes that she'll stay.

Her furious eyes flash at me as her head snaps at me. Her long hair almost slaps my face. "Let go, Jackson," she says blankly. Tears threaten to pour out of her eyes and I feel like a felony being charged with the worst crime of all. Breaking Nadia's heart. A vandalism I never wanted to commit.

"Please don't go," my voice cracks, and even I hate the sound of it.

"I need to think... Please let go," she says hiding her face from me. I sigh dropping her wrist and begin pulling at the roots of my hair.

"I'll take you home," I say standing up.

"No, I'll walk. And I can let myself out," she says collecting her things and rushing out of my room.

I exhale and all my limbs feel weak. I slump back onto my bed hating myself even more. I want to chase after her. I want to hold her hostage until she forgives me. I want to do everything but see her walk away.

I want to throw myself into the ocean and sink to the bottom. Inside of me aches and burns like I've swallowed liquid fire. This is the repercussions of breaking Nadia's heart. And I deserve every bit of it.

In an instant I'm on my feet, throwing open my door and running up the stairs. I pass through the kitchen in a flash but I can still see Mom's disappointed look. Trust me, I'm disappointed in myself too.

When I make it outside I look in every direction. I spot Blondie a couple of yards away. I notice her clenched fists and speed walk.

I shift into gear and my legs take me as fast as I can towards Blondie. My hair blows back out of my face and the sound of my body cutting through the air fills my ear.

When I make it to her I slow down so I don't crash into her. Blondie whips towards me with a furious face. Her lips are pulled in and she looks like she could kill me.

"Nad-" I'm cut off before I can even finish her name.

"I told you I need to think, and I can't even do that because you won't let me go!" She yells and me making my head go down like a sad dog.

"I'm so sorry! I'm sorry that I'm a piece of shit! I can't help that it's in my blood! If I could take back what I did I would!" I shout back frustrated that she can't see that I'm the sorriest man in the world.

"You hooked up with my step-sister! I can't forgive that if we were dating or not!" She yells back. Angry veins pop up in her forehead causing mine to bulge too.

"Then break up with me! If you can't forgive that!" I growl.

"We're over!" She screams at me shoving me away from her. "I hate you!" She says letting her tiny fists slam against my chest.

My eyes widen for a second then drop. I let her punch and kick me because it's what I deserve. I want to lean forward and let her get me in the face.

I stumble back from the blows and she storms off in the direction of her home. But this time I don't follow her. I turn around and drag myself to my car. I throw myself in and twist the keys in the ignition. The roar of the car doesn't excite me like it usually does and the cigarette doesn't calm me down like it's supposed to.

I back out of my garage without checking that it's clear and drive aimlessly. I feel lost. Like I've never stepped a foot on this earth. As if I just took my first steps into my house after years.
~
"Another one," I slur shaking my glass at the bartender. The lights of the bar seemed to have gotten brighter and I don't like it one bit.

When the bartender fills my glass I drink it like it's water, ignoring the taste of rubbing alcohol. I leave a wad of cash on the counter and stumble out of the bar, shoving myself through people. I have no idea where I am or where my car is. It's probably parked somewhere at the last three bars I've been at.

I stare up at the tall buildings. The lights suddenly look like stars and I wish to catch one and bring it back to Blondie. Blondie? Yeah, I miss her.

"Hey, baby! Where are you going?" A random lady shouts at me and I brush her off knowing I don't ever want another girl.

The cold nibbles at me, but I ignore it finding a bench in front of a restaurant. I slump onto the seat and lean back letting my eyes close.

I let myself fade into a dream with a bright blue-eyed girl that goes by the name Nadia.

~~~
Sorry for the long wait. I suck about updating, but thanks for sticking around and reading.💓