Chapter 16 Nadia

My open window allows a cold breeze into my room. I lay awake thinking about the events of tonight. Jackson got into a fight for me. I've never been defended like that before.

Jackson and I haven't talked in days and he gets in a fight for me? You'd think after what happened with Auden I would be able to defend myself better, but it made me weaker.

It means a lot that Jackson did that for me. He was extremely drunk so, I don't even know if he'll remember everything.

After Jackson left me in the bathroom I told Abby and Emma that I wanted to go home. So, they dropped me off and I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the party again.

I'll have to thank Jackson again. I feel terrible that his knuckles are busted. I don't like seeing anyone get hurt and especially Jackson.

My eyelids become heavy and slowly close. Sleep becomes me and I wait for a terror.
~
My bare feet pad on the carpeted floors of the hallway of my school. The hall is completely empty and leaves an eerie feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a shadow walk past me. "Hello?" I ask loudly. I turn to my left to see Kim walking towards a classroom. A slight relief washes of me.

"Kim!" I shout, jogging to catch up to her. She doesn't even turn around to face me or, anything. It's like she can't even hear me. What the hell is going on?

Kim disappears into a classroom and my hand pulls on the handle. As soon as I enter the threshold I'm transported back to the party. What the fuck?

The house is empty and Kim is nowhere in sight either. The house is messy with cups and bottles everywhere just like how I remember.

I look down at my clothes to see that I'm still dressed in my pajamas I fell asleep in. This is a dream, I remind myself and press forward into the house.

I see the tall back of a man with a red plastic cup in his hand. "Hey! My step sister Kim came in here, have you seen her?" I ask desperately.

His tall frame turns to me and my limbs stiffen. It's that guy that Jackson fought. My stomach turns into a knotted mess and sweat glistens my forehead. "Want to dance now?" He asks, his lips curling into a nasty smile.

"N-no t-thank you," I stutter out and turn my back to him trying to escape, but I feel arms snatch me back. "P-please let m-me go," I cry out, my voice sounding not like my own. This time there's no Jackson to save me.

His lips latch to my neck and his hands slide past my pajama shorts. I try to move, but my body is frozen in horror. I try to make any noise, but nothing comes out.

"Good girl, maybe this time you won't give up such a fight," the guy's voice turns into Aurelio's and my heart skips beats.

Please, no. All I can do is plead in my head because my voice box seems to have stopped working altogether. I try screaming at the top of my lungs and thrashing around, but my body does nothing in response.

Instead, it just stays still and lets him do whatever he wants. This is a dream. It's not real. You're not really here, Aurelio. "Oh, but I am really here. I will always be with you. And there's nothing you can do to make me leave," Aurelio coos in my ear.

Finally, my body allows me to move and I automatically fall to my knees and curl up in a ball. Tears pour out of my eyes leaving a river rushing down my cheeks. "You're not real! You're not here! Get out of my head!" I scream closing my eyes tightly.
~
I throw myself forward and wipe my face from sweat and tears. My heart flutters rapidly in my chest. It's nearly 3 A.M. I pull myself out of bed and wrap a blanket around my body.